Skyrim Remaster Is True | Hide The Mods |

deadblood01

So many people think that if you meet the recommended specs for Fallout 4, your PC should be able to handle Skyrim Special Edition very well?

A lot of people have been assuming that it will require better specs than the original release of Skyrim did. It will probably have similar system requirements as Fallout 4, so if you can play that game - you should be able to play this new release of Skyrim. That is speculation though.

I'd say if you have at least a GTX 750 Ti (or an R7 360) and a decent CPU you should be able to play this game. Not at 60fps on Ultra settings, but you'll be able to play it just fine. I doubt it will require very beefy hardware because Fallout 4 didn't.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signette, on 16 Jun 2016 - 9:28 PM, said:

I'm really curious about the number of modders willing to port mods on new PC version. For some reason I fear it won't be easy and we'll be missing out on TONS of fantastic mods. Skyrims' life cycle is long finished, hoping for new authors to pop up with quality works as the old ones is unlikely IMO. This simple fact really doesn't make it worth to switch to new version, plus with all the fixes Skyrim is currently as stable and as bug free as possible, wouldn't trade it for nothing.

?

Skyrim's life cycle for regular gamers maybe.

People are still making great mods for Skyrim, its just an unfortunate truth that mods that post early will have landslide endorsements which then bury any chance of good mods rising up to the top.

As people are quite regularly making new content for Skyrim....

It all comes down to how much of a change is Remastered going to be...If its too much hassle guess what....We wont make mods for Remaster, simple as that.

But really does that matter?

Nope it wont matter one bit cause even the typical mod user on a computer just wont even see a lot of the really cool mods cause guess what?

All the top hundred mods are almost always occupied by mods that were pushed out real early....Not because they are in fact amazing game changers....Top that off with mods that are in top hundred that are not real stable and there you go.

People are just not real interested I suppose in big projects either otherwise you'd know better than to declare skyrim modding dead.

You are aware that Skyrim is still a top ten played video game on the daily right???

Edited by gamefever

So many people think that if you meet the recommended specs for Fallout 4, your PC should be able to handle Skyrim Special Edition very well?

A lot of people have been assuming that it will require better specs than the original release of Skyrim did. It will probably have similar system requirements as Fallout 4, so if you can play that game - you should be able to play this new release of Skyrim. That is speculation though.

I'd say if you have at least a GTX 750 Ti (or an R7 360) and a decent CPU you should be able to play this game. Not at 60fps on Ultra settings, but you'll be able to play it just fine. I doubt it will require very beefy hardware because Fallout 4 didn't.

I was thinking of upgrading my PC for this game, but it might not be necessary.

I have a good i5 processor (quad core, 3.4 GHz), plus 8 GB RAM and a Radeon HD 7950 with 3 GB VRAM. And I only have a 1080p monitor, so I'm thinking I could play the game with all settings on high (not ultra) and maybe even have 60 fps. I kind of hope Skyrim Special Edition will allow people to lock at 30 fps. If my system can't do a consistent 60 fps with the game, I'd rather have a locked 30 fps.

To put it in perspective, my PC can run Metal Gear Solid V at 1080p with all settings on high and at a rock solid 60 fps.

Edited by Dubnoman

I have a good i5 processor (quad core, 3.4 GHz), plus 8 GB RAM and a Radeon HD 7950 with 3 GB VRAM. And I only have a 1080p monitor, so I'm thinking I could play the game with all settings on high (not ultra) and maybe even have 60 fps. I kind of hope Skyrim Special Edition will allow people to lock at 30 fps. If my system can't do a consistent 60 fps with the game, I'd rather have a locked 30 fps.

To put it in perspective, my PC can run Metal Gear Solid V at 1080p with all settings on high and at a rock solid 60 fps.

That should be fine enough. The game will likely not have the option to cap framerae from within the menus like other modern games (typical for Bethesda). But, I'm sure you will be able to edit the .ini files to cap the framerate to whatever you want.

That should be fine enough. The game will likely not have the option to cap framerae from within the menus like other modern games (typical for Bethesda). But, I'm sure you will be able to edit the .ini files to cap the framerate to whatever you want.

Oh, it is likely we will be able to put frame rate caps via .ini files, hm? I've never done such a thing before but it is just as reliable and stable and works just as well as if a game offers it in one of the menus?

Hmm, so we know that some of the mods will be able to work with the remastered version. Hopefully they made it so that the creation kit can open the old mods and "resave" (or recompile, dunno the correct term) the mod in a compatible format for the remaster.

Addressing gamefever's concerns about the early mods vs late mods. I think we should also include the quality of mods being released. Like you said, there isn't enough info on whether or not that porting the old mods will be easy or not. If it is simple, then we might see a deluge of the more simple mods being re-released prior to the more extensive overhauls. Also, what about youtubers who highlight good mods? Brodual and Mxr are 2 that come to mind where mods that they review aren't necessarily in the top 100 and frequently i find newer, more stable mods just by poking around for a bit. (that is assuming that the standard mod user does a bit of digging other than the 1st page)

That being said, I am worried about what we saw with fo4 console modding where people where either directly uploading or porting over mods without authors' consent. It happens to some degree no matter what, but hopefully not the extent that it makes gaming news. Also, if the remaster is also getting mods, do you guys think that more people would start making mods that could "fit" on a console? I'm not too sure how many people still play Skyrim on a console given how long the game has been out along with the advances in pc hardware.

Edited by supercrazyasian

I am worried about what we saw with fo4 console modding where people where either directly uploading or porting over mods without authors' consent. It happens to some degree no matter what, but hopefully not the extent that it makes gaming news. Also, if the remaster is also getting mods, do you guys think that more people would start making mods that could "fit" on a console? I'm not too sure how many people still play Skyrim on a console given how long the game has been out along with the advances in pc hardware.

First of all only PC Player can make mods, console users can not make mods unless they own skyrim On PC. Secondly Bethesda has implemented a new security feature where you would have to link your steam account to bethesda.net account if you want to upload mods to bethesda.net, so no idiot will be able to upload mods to bethesda.net. Thirdly Big No.