Skyrim Remaster Is True | Hide The Mods |

deadblood01

"If you own the PC version of Skyrim and all its add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn – on Steam, you’ll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition when it releases on October 28. The same applies to anyone who owns the Legendary Edition on Steam.

Skyrim Special Edition releases on October 28, 2016, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC."

At least that...

i was afraid this would be the case they will force the free upgrade to pc users so that consolers can get the goodies i.e mods.

Hopefully it's an optional upgrade and not an enforced patch.

no it will be a forced upgrade i think.

"If you own the PC version of Skyrim and all its add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn – on Steam, you’ll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition when it releases on October 28. The same applies to anyone who owns the Legendary Edition on Steam.

Skyrim Special Edition releases on October 28, 2016, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC."

At least that...

i was afraid this would be the case they will force the free upgrade to pc users so that consolers can get the goodies i.e mods.

They'll get the mods regardless of whether we updated or not. Apparently Bethesda made sure that everything is in order to directly upload available mods to bethesda.net, not getting a PC update will actually be like adding salt to injury.

not to their full potential if game version changes then many mods becomes incompatible with newer version thats why they are giving away remaster for free on PC coz most majority will simply refuse to upgrade and will thus make mods exclusive to older build.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will mods for this game even work with special edition?

Besides ENB, HDT and SKSE and SKSE dependent mods, everything should work just fine. If anything, I doubt they even changed the game code so that USLEEP will still be available to download. The Skyrim Special Edition is THE quickest, and dirtiest cash-grap in gaming history IMHO.

well to be fair pc users who own legendary edition or all the expansions get it free, so only console plebs have to pay.

I don't think any of these mods are real? I'm guessing all the mods released will work, it would be weird if they don't.

The Imperial soldier in the screenshot uses a cape/cloak, it looks like it's from the "Cloaks of Skyrim" mod.

Most likely demos made by bethesda staff

Will mods for this game even work with special edition?

Besides ENB, HDT and SKSE and SKSE dependent mods, everything should work just fine. If anything, I doubt they even changed the game code so that USLEEP will still be available to download. The Skyrim Special Edition is THE quickest, and dirtiest cash-grap in gaming history IMHO.

well to be fair pc users who own legendary edition or all the expansions get it free, so only console plebs have to pay.

They have to keep mod creators happy, otherwise all their modding shenanigans will be for naught

just saw the official reveal on e3 press conference from what i could see its coming to PC, PS4 and Xb1 with Mods support for them console players. if you don't want the same thing happening with skyrim community then find a way to include some type of mods pirating protection or something otherwise your mods will be stolen and then be featured on bethesda.net by console people.

By 'console people'? Stop blaming the people with consoles, they don't have the ability to steal anything; Blame Bethesda for featuring mods they don't have permission to.

bulls*** like this really pisses me off every time I read it.

just saw the official reveal on e3 press conference from what i could see its coming to PC, PS4 and Xb1 with Mods support for them console players. if you don't want the same thing happening with skyrim community then find a way to include some type of mods pirating protection or something otherwise your mods will be stolen and then be featured on bethesda.net by console people.

By 'console people'? Stop blaming the people with consoles, they don't have the ability to steal anything; Blame Bethesda for featuring mods they don't have permission to.

I agree to a point, its still the fault of a select few (some not all) console players who nag modders to port to console

I agree to a point, its still the fault of a select few (some not all) console players who nag modders to port to console

Actually blame Glory-Seekers, PC gamers that feel they can get the recognition they want by stealing mods and providing them on a fresh platform that they can establish a name (and reap donations). they most likely have a console too, but the notion remains that they most likely play on PC too.

why not instead teach your people not to steal someone else's works ?

anyways i have edited the last part so that it doesn't create any more nuisance

It's a 5 months Journey until the remaster is out, Bethesda should pull their s#*! together by that time, otherwise it'll be the "paid-mods" fiasco all over again. We're talking about 50K mods up for the taking, not 11K like FO4.

I dont get the BIG issue with hiding mods and being mad at Bethesda. Here is my take on it

I have been making mods since 2009. I made mods for Morrowind, Oblivion and now I am working on Skyrim. I love the Elder Scrolls. I know many are mad with Bethesda with their Bethesda.net and console mods. I once played Morrowind and Oblivion on the console and the reason I switched to PC was for the mods and modding tools. And I wont go back to console again. But If I was a console gamer who didn't have the money to get a PC I would be so thankful not only that Fallout 4 console owners can get mods but now there releasing Skyrim for the next gen consoles and allowing mods to be available for the console. As a modder this opens a new door also allows me to have more fans of my work.

Am I a modder with great mods that are famous? No. I have tons of mods. With Morrowind and Oblivion combined I have over 100 mods on Nexus and plan on having over 30 some mods for Skyrim to be on Nexus soon. I remember the big fiasco when Steam Workshop were allowing for paid mods and many got mad and I was quite happy to hear that I could make money from mods and wish that wasn't shut down. Now the Steam Workshop's big issue was it was hard to take down mods that were stolen and I can understand why many would be mad about that. I would be if someone stole my mod and was making money off of it. I wish for the paid mods they could of allowed a way to request to take down mods that were stolen (And maybe Vavle did do that but I never recall hearing about it). Then with the author allowing to take legal action just like any other file or media content on the internet you can resolve it. I know Bethesda has said they will accept legal requests. If you send in a request to remove a mod from Bethesda.net they will take it down. And thats good enough for me.

And thats how it works on the internet. Thats how it works here on Nexus. And do you really expect someone at Bethesda to get paid by monitoring bethesda.net to see who has stolen mods all day long. Bethesda won't do it since it won't make sense as a company. Just like YouTube doesn't do it since there so many videos to go through so they require people to send in requests and they will look at the requests. I am sure people at Bethesda once in awhile search the web and make sure there no illegal downloads available for the games and do crack down on it since those games are bethesda and they need to keep an eye and make sure no one is stealing their game or else they will lose sales on that game. We as modders need to do the same. I do it once in awhile and I have caught people stealing my mods. And I made then take it off their own website which they had no permission by me to upload it there.

Also you must remember this is Bethesda game and I think if they want to do something with it they can. And we are using their modding tools, their game engine and their game itself to make these mods. Without that we cannot have this modding community. And I wished they done this a long time ago for Oblivion on Xbox 360. And I always thought Bethesda should have their own site for uploading mods. When Skyrim Remaster comes around I plan on uploading as many of my mods that I can to Bethesda.net so console gamers can enjoy my mods.