Godrays Disable Dynamically Below 60fps

Cavou

I had an idea based off of Shadowboost where, if the framerate is to go below 60fps then godrays, if on, would automatically disable themselves or lower in quality until the framerate reaches 60 (or 58 as with Shadowboost, with that being the "target FPS" set below the actual desired amount to avoid issues). Perhaps the code for Shadowboost could be used as a launching point for making this mod/utility?

What in particular inspired me to make this post is that I recently used the console command to tweak the godrays grid to lower it from 64 to 8 and my performance with ultra godrays was stellar, until I looked at the sun through multiple trees. It seems like a waste to disable something that adds so much beauty to the game's graphics over something so situational, as was the case with Shadowboost being mostly useful in the city of Boston where the shadow distance performance issue was a problem. The idea I'm suggesting is the best I could think of, and I'm interested in seeing what others have to say!

Any help or further insight about godrays and their variables at all would be appreciated. Also, if I posted this in the wrong category, please let me know.

Edited by Cavou