Mods you want to see or create

Zalpha

Well I want to see a Monster Hunter mod, for those that haven’t played the PSP or other console games of this series you are truly missing out. I rate it in my top 5 games of all time. Now for those that don’t know you hunt dragons and harvest them for body parts to create armour and weapons. So what would be needed to make this mod is to remove the death animation of it burning and add a harvest option to its corpse. I would create another creature type and not touch the default dragons in the game but add my edited ones into it. Also onto the dead dragon’s bones, the option to harvest those could be added, and then dragon armour and weapon models would need to be created but that wouldn’t be too difficult. So it would make an awesome mod to be added into the game. So once you have enough parts and a high enough armouring skill (or whatever it is now called) to make the amour or weapon you can do so.

Something to take note of though is that the game was extremely hard which made it so much fun, like to defeat a Rathalos you would first need to beat and make an amour set of the Yian Kut-Ku and that was extremely tuff with nothing but a sword. Once you beat it about 2-3 times you had enough to make something but not the fill set of amour and weapons possible of that creature type. So if it could still capturing that element and still be balanced between the mod and game that would be great.

First “mod” I want to upload is a list of the all of the modding tool used to mod the Bethesda games. With a quick over view of how each program is used and a link to the site and download page, rather than posting each one on the Nexus Skyrim Utilities page, (some else can do that).

Second mod I want to create is retexturing the entire all the Skyrim assets; I am a Graphic Designer and love texturing. So will retexture the models and upload them as modders recourse with a tutorial on how to add new versions of the same creature into the game for more diversity. Started doing this for New Vegas but lost all of my hard work then stopped playing NV, so didn’t do it.

Then I want to look at making this mod…

I want to create a mod that hasn’t been done before, well sort of not created before (that I know of) basically a dungeon crawler but with cities/villages below ground. The story will go that there was great winter in Skyrim, so bad that they retreated into the mountains, protected by magic and sealed in by a dragon born and a call word door that only a dragon born could open, but once sealed in by a dragon born - he then got defeated by a dragon. Until you came along and found them, since then they dug deeper and created villages and tribes and well whatever else I want to add into the scenario.

After that if I still have it in me I want to make a Planescape mod, where you can travel to the city of Sigil and other planes.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Zalpha

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see an 'immersive UI'-mod.

Like the one gopher made for New Vegas. A UI that dissappears when not needed. Would love it. Simple, yet brilliant.

What kind of mod I want to do myself I don't know yet, I first want to have a look at Skyrim and the innards of Skyrim (scriptlanguage, etc)

The mods that I liked the most in Oblivion, and later in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, were the player home mods. These games foster a lot of roaming around and I always liked the idea of having a home base where I could display treasures, meet up with friendly npcs, and generally role-play in my own head.

I've seen some really good ones, especially in New Vegas with the underwater home and the hidden bunkers. But I do have an idea for a player headquarters mod that would be epic. A castle that starts out ruined and destroyed, that gradually gets larger and generally more pimped out as the game goes on. If anyone has ever played any of the Suikoden games they will recognize the concept.

A modder would have to find a suitable place for the castle and surrounding outbuildings. Then build multiple versions of the castle, starting at ruined and going to livable, then restored, then adding things like towers, bed chambers, stores, a tavern, a storehouse, and any other goodies you can imagine. One could add NPCs as part of the mod to various locations in the world who could be recruited to add special services. They would move in with their families. The place could eventually become its own town in the world. With radiant story and dragon attacks thrown in, could be pretty epic.

I think the nature of Bethesda's open world, go anywhere do anything play-style make hunting down upgrades for your very own castle town a blast. And I'm always excited to see what the mod community comes up with as far as player conveniences. Fallout saw some neat gizmos like equipment sorters and display walls. I'm a sure a suitable fantasy version of those gizmos could be substituted.

Though I'm not a modder myself, I do appreciate all the hard work that goes into making them. So thanks to all you guys and gals who make great games even better. Much love :dance:

As for immersive UI goes, they made some good improvements on the UI so far with only the navigation bar shown at the top and life bar below, when I actually play it I will see if it is enough for me but I think it will be…

The build a castle mod sounds awesome, in Dragon Age you got the DLC Wardens Keep that let you do that, it was a lot of fun and also in Neverwinter Nights 2, you got to build your own castle, that was so much fun. I agree, I hope someone makes that mod, if not then I would get the DLC if they release a castle/tower DLC like they did with Oblivion.

I haven't decided whether to make a full blown village/large city which doesn't exist at the beginning of the game, but the player will be actively involved in building the village. It'll start off as a few buildings and if the player makes the right decisions it can grow to a full blown city. The player will be the karl or head of the city - setting taxes, building civil responsibilities, defenses, main resources and trade.

Or I may make a few player castles which you build yourself sort of a mix between morrowind's strongholds and my New Vegas Run the Lucky 38 mod, where you build and expand your house.

I also want to create several small businesses in every city that the player can start and must maintain. You will have to deal with competition, make a profit through taxes, and you'll even be able to link your businesses together. (Your shipping company can make shipping costs cheaper for your woodcutting business).

I also want to create several small businesses in every city that the player can start and must maintain. You will have to deal with competition, make a profit through taxes, and you'll even be able to link your businesses together. (Your shipping company can make shipping costs cheaper for your woodcutting business).

I love this idea. Seems like a natural extension of creating a town. There are so many neat characters that you could make to handle all that munitia for the character. Find a down and out trader who is tired of being small fry. You give him a chance running a company in your town and after a few quests to handle the competition (goodly or evily) you'll be the primary shareholder in a country wide enterprise.

How about an old imperial army engineer who is tired of the good generals s***. Could be in charge of building defenses like walls and guard towers.

Rather than be the ruler of the town yourself, however, you could be the resident hero who helped found it with another npc. That Npc could be in charge, but be indebted to you and give you full access to the castles amenities. I like this idea better because your a hero and you have dragons to slay, not taxes to collect! :laugh: Though that npc could build a relationship with your character and depend your advice.

Depending on how your leanings with the different factions go, your town could get invaded by the empire or the rebels and you'd have to fight them off.

So many possibilities. That would be a killer mod.

My favorite player home in Oblivion was ArmoryLab by Tom Supergan. The element I would most like to see created for Skyrim was the set of containers/sorter for alchemical ingredients. You could dump everything in your inventory into its respective container with one menu selection, as well as retrieve ingredients by name or alchemy effect.