Archive invalidation is not working

Beaver15

so last week i wanted to play fallout 3 so i installed got mods etc now earlier today i wanted to play NV so i got fallout mod manager started it up and realised textures were weired and for some reason invalidation is not activating on fallout mod manager it put the bsa package into the new vegas data folder but doesnt actually activate can anyone help please

I made this video a while back, It's helped a lot of people might help you
and in a note not related to the steps in the video, that you may wish to try first, it also helps to uncheck it if FOMM and recheck it i heard that it resets something, and it's worked for me in the past.

You tried the fix in the video? Make sure you are extracting the second archive invalidation program (Archive Invalidation Invalidated!) into the steam/Steamapps/common/fallout new vegas/ Folder instead of steam/steamapps//common/fallout new vegas/data also it may even be your mod it's possible you just didn't extract the meshes to the right folder, or something may have gone wrong. EDIT: Maybe you could update FOMM? Edited by crisisninja

You tried the fix in the video? Make sure you are extracting the second archive invalidation program (Archive Invalidation Invalidated!) into the steam/Steamapps/common/fallout new vegas/ Folder instead of steam/steamapps//common/fallout new vegas/data also it may even be your mod it's possible you just didn't extract the meshes to the right folder, or something may have gone wrong. EDIT: Maybe you could update FOMM?

every time i acitivate Archive Invalidation Invalidated and come off it but go back on it. it is still deactivated??

I'm having a hard time imagining this in my head i tried duplicating it on my FOMM but do you think you could provide a screenshot.

EDIT: Ok, I have an idea go to Documents\My Games\ FalloutNV and right click the Fallout doc. check properties if it is Read Only uncheck it. Open the doc and Ctrl+f. Find SInvalidationFile. Change the Archive block to look like this:

[Archive]

SInvalidationFile=

iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1

iRetainFilenameStringTable=1

iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1

bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

bUseArchives=1

SArchiveList=Fallout - AI!.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa

Somewhere in that folder is FalloutPrefs doc. look at Properties, if it is Read Only uncheck it. Open the doc try Ctrl+f. Find SInvalidationFile. Change the Archive block to like you did for the Fallout doc.

Then go to \Steam\steammaps\common\fallout new vegas and open the Fallout_default config doc. Change the [Archive] block like you did for the Fallout doc.

Edited by crisisninja

I'm having a hard time imagining this in my head i tried duplicating it on my FOMM but do you think you could provide a screenshot.

dont know how to post images :( basically when i go on fallout mod manager and press archive invalidation it says do you want to activate it i press yes nothing happens same when using ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated. something is wrong and i dont know what??