• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Salona

Salona

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Would it be possible to make it so tallis was a permanent companion?

(doesn't have to have like.... her own companion place for dialogue/party banter and so on - but just be able to select her and use her in combat and so on) ?

Sunnie

Sunnie

Girls, Girls, Girls!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Here you go. click

setiweb

setiweb

Ordinary Average Guy

• Premium Member
  • 7,752 posts
Tallis as a summoned companion.
http://www.dragonage...ile.php?id=3297

djkalteraphine

djkalteraphine

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Here you go. click

The problem with this mod is that it isn't really Tallis from Mark of the Assassin in your party, but a new character that happens to have Tallis's model and name. But importing the true Tallis from MotA into the regular campaign is actually quite easy.

Here’s what you’ll need:

1. A PC. This won’t work on a Console.
  2. Mark of the Assassin DLC. (Duh)
  3. This GFF editor from BioWare’s official website.
  4. The ability to Copy and Paste.

Start a new game and play through until you unlock Gamlen’s House and can then use the Momento of Mark of the Assassin to start up the DLC. Play through it until right before the final battle with Duke Prosper and Leopold, make a new save of your game that is different from your regular save. This is crucial. Without it, you can’t get Tallis after the DLC. Complete the DLC and return to Kirkwall with your new loot! (And maybe get a kiss from Tallis for your efforts.)

Save the game, and again, make sure this save is a different save than the one you made before the final fight with Prosper. So you’ll have two saves total. Pre- and Post- Prosper, respectively. Exit the game.

Now open your GFF editor. Now open it again. You’ll want two open. (See where this is going yet?) With the first GFF editor, open your Pre-Prosper save. It should be named Hawke.das (or whatever you called the save, with the file extention .das) In the editor, go to 0 > SAVEGAME_PLAYERLIST > SAVEGAME_PARTYPOOLMEMBERS, and locate Tallis.

It should look like this:

tumblr_inline_ms9fk0lwyL1qz4rgp.jpg

Now with your second GFF editor you have open, open up your post-Prosper save. Once again, go to 0 > SAVEGAME_PLAYERLIST > SAVEGAME_PARTYPOOLMEMBERS. Notice the lack of Tallis. Well, we’re about to fix that. In the first GFF editor, right click on Tallis under SAVEGAME_PARTYPOOLMEMBERS and select copy. Then go into the second GFF editor and paste Tallis into SAVEGAME_PARTYPOOLMEMBERS, then Save As your post-Prosper save, overwriting it. Load up your game, and Tallis is now a selectable member of your party from the party screen, at the very same level she was when you were about to fight Duke Prosper.

tumblr_inline_ms9gatrIQN1qz4rgp.jpg

Look at her in action!

tumblr_inline_ms9gd00awu1qz4rgp.jpg

She retains her levels, skills, stats, and completely OP weapons from the DLC, exactly where your save left off.

tumblr_inline_ms9gco40UB1qz4rgp.jpg

And best of all, all her voice acting is intact!

I should note, you can actually apply ANY save where Mark of the Assassin is active to any save where it isn’t active. But Tallis keeps her level and stats from the MotA save you copy her from, so it’s best if you take her from a save you’ve just completed.

Edited by djkalteraphine, 28 August 2013 - 11:25 PM.

djkalteraphine

djkalteraphine

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hey folks. Thought I should follow up with a bit on my above post. It seems that during the final battle with Meredith, Tallis will cause your game to crash. So the best thing to do is save before you fight Meredith, then go back into the GFF editor, into 0 > SAVEGAME_PLAYERLIST > SAVEGAME_PARTYPOOLMEMBERS as before, and delete Tallis.

This happens because during the fight, the game starts calling all your companions that AREN'T in your party to come and join the fight as NPCs. It seems to try to call Tallis, can't find any script, so it freaks out and crashes the game. That said, if she is actually IN your party when you fight Meredith, my theory is that this will be completely avoided. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll post my result here later.

PathofChaos

PathofChaos

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I know this thread is pretty much ancient history, and the link posted by  djkalteraphine for Bioware's GFF Editor is dead.. but does anyone know if this can still be done somehow? I found the GFF Editor on another site but no idea if it will still work since Bioware stopped updating it years ago.

Any help would be awesome. Im playing the Assasin DLC for the first time and was super peeved when I found out you don't get to keep Felicia Day Tallis in the main campaign

Makacha

Makacha

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

I don't know which version of pyGFF you have but try this one : https://www.nexusmod.../4512?tab=files

It will allow you to edit your save as shown on djkalteraphine's post.

And I can confirm that your game won't crash if you have Tallis in your party during the final fight against Meredith.

Edited by Makacha, 20 August 2019 - 08:36 AM.

PathofChaos

PathofChaos

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I don't know which version of pyGFF you have but try this one : https://www.nexusmod.../4512?tab=files

It will allow you to edit your save as shown on djkalteraphine's post.

And I can confirm that your game won't crash if you have Tallis in your party during the final fight against Meredith.

Thank you. This is also a great option that's easy to use: https://www.nexusmod...nage2/mods/3297

Page loaded in: 0.979 seconds