ideas to protect your mods? fallout 4

illidari1221

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey people - It is NOT the console players that are pirating mods. It actually requires a PC that can run the CK in order to pirate a mod. It is your own PC master race faction that is stealing not the console players.

I laughed, just cause i have weights doesn't make me body builder ;)

Hey people - It is NOT the console players that are pirating mods. It actually requires a PC that can run the CK in order to pirate a mod. It is your own PC master race faction that is stealing not the console players.

I think I have stressed that it is a subset of console owners who are the thieves in this Beth-net controversy. And I will include in that number not only the PC-owning perps who actually performed the heists in the first place, but all of those stolen mod "consumers" who not only defend such criminal activity but attack the MA's with as much mindless venom and vitriol as we've ever seen on the Interwebs. THESE people are the problem, albeit a small but very vocal minority of all console owners, but whose actions threaten the very idea of console mods.

But your generalized lumping of all of the "PC master race" in that group of pirates? BS, dude. You take one fallacy and assert an even bigger one.

For the record, I own a PC and a gaming console, does that make me a member of the plebs or the master race? Either way, it doesn't freaking matter I game on both. I am not one opposed to mods on consoles by any means, but not at the expense of PC's, and right now this attitude we're getting from that vocal, minority bunch of *sshats is threatening Modding for everyone. Beth needs to get their shyt together and real soon -- and not "months" from now.

[..]

For the record, I own a PC and a gaming console, does that make me a member of the plebs or the master race? Either way, it doesn't freaking matter I game on both. I am not one opposed to mods on consoles by any means, but not at the expense of PC's, and right now this attitude we're getting from that vocal, minority bunch of *sshats is threatening Modding for everyone. Beth needs to get their shyt together and real soon -- and not "months" from now.

a lot of people own consoles, hell i own quite a few for exclusives myself.

Owning console does not make one a peasant, and other way around, owning pc does not make one master race :tongue:

Which always make me laugh one people get butthurt over master race/peasant even when there are no consoles, pc mentioned.

Edited by ashtonx

Only if CK had some kind of function to lock the esp file with a password (only needed for editing the file).

idk how porting mods to console work, but if it requires editing the esp file(s) this might solve the problem.

Only if CK had some kind of function to lock the esp file with a password (only needed for editing the file).

idk how porting mods to console work, but if it requires editing the esp file(s) this might solve the problem.

That it would end up with a lot of problems because some people (like me) like to edit certain mods or browse what is in the mod, also the ability to actually make patches even after the modder is gone.

Password systems are also not 100% reliable