Skyrim PC 64-bit update confirmed

Suvanto

It should also be mentioned that Pete Hines confirmed that all currently existing mods(Or at least most of them.) will(or should) be compatible with Special Edition.

Thanks. I need to update that to my follow-up thread in Steam. Now I only need to find where he said that.

Debate about that has been going on. It depends a lot how they are going to implement this. It likely that several mods will require tweaking to play nicely with Special Edition.

We will see. :)

Thank's for the linki disi30.

Cheers and thanks for the news, Suvanto! My prayers are answered: goodbye to that 32 bit memory limit (that Windows 10 managed to make even more of a problem).

We have a follow-up thread and conversation in Steam forums. I know that all of you are not following that forum, so I try to post relevant changes to this thread.

I do not yet have FO4, but it was brought to my attention that it has a tool to convert Skyrim meshes to FO4 compatible meshes. If Skyrim CK will get updated to match that (expected, but not yet confirmed) then fixing anticipated 64-bit problems with meshes and lights may be a lot easier than we feared.

Can anybody explain to a noob how SE being 64-bit will be better than 32-bit?

Will it run more smoothly (not considering graphics quality and such) or at least reduce the dreaded amount of CTD's?

More ram and fps.

That means more stability since it can make use of more ram. More FPS, less CTD, more mods, less stutter.

Edited by Boombro