Cannot disable shadows?

RaySiilu

Launcher has only "Low" shadow option and in the .ini when fiddling around with the shadow options makes the game go into a slideshow.

Anyone knows if it is possible to disable shadows via some console command or some new line in the .ini or such?

Edited by RaySiilu

• 3 weeks later...

IF you go into your SkyrimPrefs.ini in my documents and make the following changes, it disables all shadows.

fShadowDistance=0.0000

fInteriorShadowDistance=0.0000

fShadowLODStartFade=0.0000

THANK YOU! You get kudos for that. I was pulling my hair out trying to just turn off these terrible shadows.

They have got to be some of the worst shadows in any game ever made since the days of 8 bit computing. Plus I just got a 20fps boost by turning off shitty shadows that's ridiculous. What a terrible drag on the system to have a few crappy pixilated shadows on screen shimmering every 5 seconds.

I forgot to back up my prefs.ini andont have the original values?

fShadowDistance=0.0000

Here are mine for medium shadows

fShadowDistance=2500.0000

fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000

fShadowLODStartFade=200.0000

I forgot to back up my prefs.ini andont have the original values?

fShadowDistance=0.0000

Here are mine for medium shadows

fShadowDistance=2500.0000

fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000

fShadowLODStartFade=200.0000

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Running 1.5.26 and it seems to have re-enabled shadows, despite me previously editing the ini. pref file as detailed in this thread. Rechecked the ini and all these values are still set to 0. What gives?

I get a massive performance boost without shadows, any idea how I switch them off again?

Ditto. Shadows were disabled after I edited the ini a couple of weeks ago. Last day or two they seem to be back. The ini was reset (via a patch??) to have postive shadow values. I changed them to 0 again, except this time the shadows don't go away. Would be HUGELY appreciated if someone knows how to disable them after Bethesda's latest tinkering.