Scripting Issue - Trying to find current active spell effects on player

TheLordofNyrin

Hello everyone!

I am working on a morrowind mod that is very heavy on scripting and in one of the scripts i need to be able to find the name of spells that are currently active on the PC character. This is not to find out what spells the player knows but what ones they are currently affected by. I.E. I need the script to be able to detect if the player was hit by a spell or cast a spell on themselves and then have the script retrieve the name of the spell they were hit with or that was cast on them. I do know how to detect when we were hit by a spell using getsoundplaying and how to find the effects of the spell using MWSE however that needs a spell ID to find those. So how do I find the active spell ID? Any advice or help is appreciated as I am starting to think this may not be possible in the morrowind scripting engine even with MWSE.

heres an example of what I am trying to do:

Some other NPC casts a fireball on the player and it deals fire damage. The script then finds what the name of the spell was that hit the player and then finds the value the fire damage did and uses that in another area of the script.

This is just an example with a fireball spell, I do not need it to work specifically on a single spell but any spell that hits the player. It could be a healing spell or a burden spell. Any spell that applies an effect to the player I will need to find out what its called.