[LE] XWM audio format?

apSion

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Kentos, that was exactly what I was looking for. You couldn't have made it any easier. Thank you for the beautiful tutorial, complete with pictures, and thank you especially for the download links. Saving me from downloading 500mbs and even compiling the bat file for us. Thank you!

I bet if you offered this as a download, you'd get a lot of hits. (So long as this is okay to do, which I'd assume it is?)

Thank you so, so much for saving us so much time and making things so perfectly simple!

Thank you!

Awesome stuff., Does anyone have a list or naming convention to add music to Skyrim? Do they need to go into the explore, battle and so on folders like Oblivion and how do they need to be named or numbered. Putting my own files converted to Skyrim's music format has not made them play, so I assume their naming is specific

hey! im peter from france, i have just understand your very good tutorial to convert in xwma format audio file, just want to thx you a lot, continue share audio pack beacause, it s beautyfull theme song and i dont know the artist.

Hey Peter, Artist is Jeremy Soule same guy who worked on the soundtrack of previous 2 Elder Scrolls games :turned:

Uh, there's really no need to download the DirectX SDK, Mediacoder can convert xwm files just fine. Here's the details of one of the files according to Mediacoder:

File: mus_sovngarde_chant_lp.xwm

Audio(0): wmav2

Bitrate: 48 kbps

Sample Rate: 44100

Channel: Stereo (2)

Length: 211 seconds

To convert the audio to another format, make sure to set "Audio Source" to Ffmpeg, and the Container type to "Default". Other than that, just choose whatever codec you want and convert away.

I found that program terribly confusing and convoluted. I tried to play a .xwm file in it and it came out sped up.

The previous bat file method worked much easier.

So all is well with the extraction, that is an awesome tutorial, but now I'm wondering if there's a way for a layman to pack the files back up and inject them into the data; I tried archiving the folders and slappin' em back in there, but the game doesn't like that much. My first instinct is to clean out the converted files so it's just the new .xwm files, so I'm gonna give that a shot. Will report findings if positive.