• Please log in to reply
8054 replies to this topic

torrello

torrello

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
Nice! Thanks for these tips. Any chance of putting the description for the tweaks in a text file and making availiable as a download?

Hwangchung

Hwangchung

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Made the changes exactly as you stated, but my water completely disappeared! Any idea which change could be the culprit?

My system is about on par with yours.

TheCompiler

TheCompiler

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
@Hwangchung
Try removing the 5 tweaks that improve the water rendering, probably they're the problem.

Hwangchung

Hwangchung

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Actually, it was my bad. Updated to the beta drivers and everything is sexy smooth. Cheers!

roxahris

roxahris

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 384 posts
Most of these tweaks are wastes of performance. Water multisampling AND blurring? Changing tree LODs to switch at 10000000?! Changing the MINIMUM grass fade distance? Why disable FXAA when it's a matter of taste? (After all, it antialiases the foilage!)
Hell, have you even checked if any of these WORK? The game automatically UNSETS transparency multisampling! And I really doubt Skyrim has EXPLOSIONS.
What about meaningful tweaks, like increasing the shadowing resolution? I can understand wanting fame and glory, but come on, man!

Edited by roxahris, 11 November 2011 - 07:02 AM.

TheCompiler

TheCompiler

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
@roxahris

1) Yes, there are explosion in Skyrim

2) FXAA is really ugly, it reduces the overall detail and i dubit someone prefers antialiased foilage over general details, but first of all mine was just a TIP

3) The only tweaks that "waste" performance are the ones that have a major visible impact of the game (terrain and tree shadowing).

4) Some of the tweaks are tagged as experimental "needs more testing".

5) I'm not lying to anyone and i'm not expecting any reward.

therefore, please, try to be more kind.

Edited by TheCompiler, 11 November 2011 - 07:31 AM.

vurt

vurt

Serial Modderer

• Premium Member
  • 5,036 posts
Sharpness to shadows isnt a quality. Sharp shadows was a problem in games 10+ years ago, it looks very unrealistic. Anyways, i liked your guide, the game still runs at a constant 60 FPS for me.

TheCompiler

TheCompiler

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
@vurt
Thanks. Need to update my english vocabolary, I'm not a native speaker ^^

Mazena

Mazena

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 40 posts
I barely see any difference... o_O Shadows changed or something? I'll just patiently wait for HD-rextures, hehe.

laiiin

laiiin

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
have you tried to change

[Particles]
iMaxDesired=750

i'm not sure but may be it's add particle ?

Page loaded in: 1.239 seconds