AMD Low FPS?

icomc

Sup guys, running a pretty much superior setup with AMD 6970 2GB and maxing AA gives me a constant under 30 FPS, drivers are up to date. My friend can run 60 FPS with all settings maxed out and he has a Nvidia GTX260. Damn those gracists at Bethesda...

Anybody else with AMD cards have low FPS?

Anybody else with AMD cards have low FPS?

Yup, read a few reports elsewhere that 69 series cards are giving negative scaling, my 6990/4gb certainly is, the game is playable but it's getting on my tits as I know it should be flying.

Apparently AMD are working on a hotfix but haven't mentioned an ETA, guess we'll just have to be patient.

I haven't received my copy of the game yet, but people with the same video card on other forums are able peg 60+ fps.... what type of AA are you using and what CPU do you have?

@ marthos - I seem to be seeing a trend where both Crossfire and SLI aren't really working yet, but I'm not surprised given that it hasn't even had it's first patch yet, let alone any driver fixes...

Edited by Elder III

I haven't received my copy of the game yet, but people with the same video card on other forums are able peg 60+ fps.... what type of AA are you using and what CPU do you have?

@ marthos - I seem to be seeing a trend where both Crossfire and SLI aren't really working yet, but I'm not surprised given that it hasn't even had it's first patch yet, let alone any driver fixes...

I have Phenom II X4 3,4 Ghz, as such it's my weakest link but should still be enough. I noticed that Catalyst was interfering with the AA even though I had set it to 'Use game config' So I turned it down and it helped... Didn't get quite 60 FPS as the FPS still drops a bit when I look at distant objects but it's no longer choppy as far as I can tell. I'm quite pleased with it for now.

I to am having performance issues that i shoudn't have:

CPU - Core i7 875k

GPU - HD 5970 2GB

RAM - 16GB

Drivers up-to date, PC good health

I'm seeying people who have a much weaker system than mine and they play on ultra with a solid 50-60 fps, yet i'm struggeling with 25- 30 fps hope there will me a patch or something

I tinkered around quite a bit with the CCC options and managed to get my frame rate up under all ultra settings... The biggest issue I ran into was texture flickering... The Anti-Aliasing modes were the issue... Multi-sample AA works great, adaptive multi-sample AA created flickering, and super- sample AA worked fine but killed my FPS... Also, disabling v-sync seemed to help as well... Hope they release new drivers soon...