Steam problem?

elvinkun

As the person above me stated, the Steam obviously gets troublesome whe there is a "legend" comming. My steam updated, but also disconnected me and closed three times and then it took over 20 minutes to update (So there is either something wrong, or the update had several gb). I suggest you just try updating it again and again as I did, for me it eventually started updating.

To make it even better, someone hacked Steam databases recently (Or so I understand) so they are at disarray... so support might be pretty bad.

And I DO agree with you, I would rather avoid Steam too, but it's not like we were given that choice. DMR can be a pain, but my experience with Steam as of now is worse.

It does seem like they're having a bad day. I've been at it for 2 hours now! Hope you're enjoying the game ~envious face~ ;)

So far it looks great. Then of course, I'm a fanboy, so I guess it would look great to me even if it was really bad.

The UI tho is so console-like as they say. That's the only bad stuff I've seen so far. Well, then there is the mouse. Even at max sensibility I can't look up without moving my mouse 50 cm.

But the character creator is amazing, first Bethesda game where I actually did nice looking character without using mod or CS and in just a few minutes too.

Also I laughed when right at the beggining of the story, someone shot someone else with a bow, the arrow hit the guy into foot, the guy screamed and died :biggrin:

Edited by elvinkun

Well, I played the whole of Oblivion on a laptop - the touchpad was on its last legs and would hardly ever respond if you were pressing any keys so if I wanted to shift camera angle I had to stop everything. Not great when you're being ambushed but I think it toughened me up a bit.... :laugh:

I have been a bit disappointed to see the 'console-esque' elements coming into RPGs lately - the Dragon Age sequel was particularly bad for that, half the size and sorta 'dumbed down' but fun nonetheless, hope the next in that franchise will have the best of both worlds.

Well, I played the whole of Oblivion on a laptop - the touchpad was on its last legs and would hardly ever respond if you were pressing any keys so if I wanted to shift camera angle I had to stop everything. Not great when you're being ambushed but I think it toughened me up a bit.... :laugh:

I have been a bit disappointed to see the 'console-esque' elements coming into RPGs lately - the Dragon Age sequel was particularly bad for that, half the size and sorta 'dumbed down' but fun nonetheless, hope the next in that franchise will have the best of both worlds.

Well i'm sure someone skilled will fix the UI to fit computers better sometime soon. As for the mouse sensitivity, i'm sure there is an ini file where I could change it. I just don't know where :D

but, and don't let me scare you, I just noticed I can't attack or block.I just do sort of little stutter-jump on the spot, lol. I sure hope this is just something dumb I did along the way.

Edited by elvinkun