Alaska Wasteland Collab Mod

thereallaslo00010123

Hello everybody,

After perusing the internet, I came across an interesting roleplaying guide thread describing what Alaska would be like in the Fallout universe.

My idea is to make a DLC-sized mod that takes place there based on the setting, factions, and atmosphere described in the aforementioned thread. I realize this is a big undertaking and i also know that I lack the time or the refined skills to make it myself. What I propose is a collaboration with many mod authors to create the content together so that everyone can work in their niche. In addition, i know that there are many mods that would need very little work to fit the role of assets needed in this mod. What I can do is help organize the mod, work on a story, and model weapons (due to technical difficulties i currently can not add them to the game)

If you are interested, please post what you are interested in working on along with posting the finished resources in the unfortunate event that you should decide to move on to greener pastures.

If you are not a modder, but are still interested in helping, you can spread the word to potential modders, voice your support and suggestions on this page, and, if you are up to it, take over leading the charge if, for whatever reason, I become unresponsive.

Edited by thereallaslo00010123

| While I've yet to read through the fanfiction, I'd love to visit a "modern day" Alaska. To be able to visit the war torn coast and mountains of Anchorage, littered with Pre-War US and Chinese debris, hidden technologies and dangers that may have never made it to the battlefield. The massive oil pipelines and refineries, along with old holotapes and other forms of media describing the wars effect on both the local residents and of people they knew in Canada. So many possibilities.

The biggest issue I believe you'd come across is gaining the rights to use the author's content to create said mod. If you haven't already Id suggest reaching out to them, to see if you'd be able to utilize their ideas or even have them join you in working on the mod's story/settings.

Would this be a standalone story with a brand new protagonist (similar to Project Brazil), or would the Sole Survivor somehow end up making their way to Alaska? While I currently don't have any experience modding (working on upgrading my computer to be better than F4's requirements. Also messing around with Blender.), I wouldn't mind helping fashion the story a bit. Either way best of luck OP. |

Edited by NocteVagus

I have contacted the original author and they have given me, and any other potential contributors, permission to begin work on the project. I am going to begin work on possible assets. If anyone is interested in modeling organic assets, please talk to the RP OP about their flora and fauna.

Edited by thereallaslo00010123