Summit of Apocrypha Hermaeus Mora glitch, please help

shinigami117

I have posted about this glitch in the past but some things have changed since then.

The glitch is that after I defeat Miraak he is impaled by a tentacle but Hermaeus Mora doesn't talk or finish him off so the quest doesn't finish. I can complete the quest by using setstage dlc2mq06 580, however I'm tired of having to use the cheat every time I do this quest. I want to be able to complete it like normal so I can loot Miraak and hear the ending dialogue. Unfortunately nothing else I've tried has worked.

I've tried reloading saves, creating new characters, removing mods that may be the cause, and I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It happens on every single character without fail.

Here is the list of mods I've used around the time the glitch started happening:

1. Additional Dark Brotherhood Members

2. Amazing Follower Tweaks

3. Climates of Tameriel

4.Cloaks of Skyrim

5, Equip More Rings

6, Localized Thieves Guild Jobs

7. Wet and Cold

8. Hunting in Skyrim

9. The Eyes of Beauty

10. Naruto Ultimate Overhaul

11. Pinewood Village

If anyone has had any problems with these mods glitching out Dragonborn please let me know. And if anyone has any alternate work arounds please tell me. I've completely run out of ideas of my own.

Hello,

• Install Tes5edit and load all your mods with your actual load order. Once loaded, in the left pane, right-click / apply filter to see conflicts loosers. Let Te5edit check your 2 millions entries. Once done, you'll have in the left pane a list of 20-30 mods in conflict. Depending of the number of mods you have. Select a mod, expand it's subsections and you'll see in the right pane which mods conflict / modify the entries.
  • Focus on those that seem to make changes to Apocrypha, (expand worldspace subsection) deactivate them in your mod manager and test in game.
  • If above doesn't work, always with those mods disable, rename your skyrim/data/scripts folder to invalidate it's content and test in game. if it works, you have a conflicting script.
  • Once again, if above doesn't work, disable all your mods this time and keep just the necessary to work. Increase your loaded mod slowly and test in game untill you find the bad boy.
  • Clean your masters : Gopher's videos cleaning your masterfiles on the Nexus Tesedit page, to remove some potential problems with your mods.

Start Tes5edit, simply untick everything, (right-click/select none) and add only a tick to the esm/esp you want to check + update.esm, Tesedit knows what to do and will load all the dependencies automatically.
    - Begin with loading only Skyrim + update, ITM / UDR + save ctrl +s and close.
    - Then load Skyrim + update + Dawnguard, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.
    - Then load Skyrim + update + Hearthfire, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.
    - Then load Skyrim + update + Dragonborn, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.

Hope this helps

Hello,

• Install Tes5edit and load all your mods with your actual load order. Once loaded, in the left pane, right-click / apply filter to see conflicts loosers. Let Te5edit check your 2 millions entries. Once done, you'll have in the left pane a list of 20-30 mods in conflict. Depending of the number of mods you have. Select a mod, expand it's subsections and you'll see in the right pane which mods conflict / modify the entries.
  • Focus on those that seem to make changes to Apocrypha, (expand worldspace subsection) deactivate them in your mod manager and test in game.
  • If above doesn't work, always with those mods disable, rename your skyrim/data/scripts folder to invalidate it's content and test in game. if it works, you have a conflicting script.
  • Once again, if above doesn't work, disable all your mods this time and keep just the necessary to work. Increase your loaded mod slowly and test in game untill you find the bad boy.
  • Clean your masters : Gopher's videos cleaning your masterfiles on the Nexus Tesedit page, to remove some potential problems with your mods.

Start Tes5edit, simply untick everything, (right-click/select none) and add only a tick to the esm/esp you want to check + update.esm, Tesedit knows what to do and will load all the dependencies automatically.

- Begin with loading only Skyrim + update, ITM / UDR + save ctrl +s and close.

- Then load Skyrim + update + Dawnguard, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.

- Then load Skyrim + update + Hearthfire, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.

- Then load Skyrim + update + Dragonborn, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.

Hope this helps

I checked for conflicting mods but none of them seemed to make any changes to Apocrypha. I have cleaned the master files, I don't know if that fixed it or not, I won't know until I do the quest again. If it didn't fix the problem, then I'll do as you said and disable all of my mods and go through them.

Thank you for the help :smile: