Resurrection - What happened?

RussellCrowe4021

Well this is really bad news, resurrection was amazing overhaul. Is there a chance author will be back, or is it permanent ban?

LOL.

Why was zanity's post just ridiculed with no countering arguments, just two sarcastic posts?

LexXxM5 banned.

Reason for the ban

Asset theft and returning banned thief member LexxxM5

File removed - Resurrection.

Moderation history

This member received 0 informal warnings and 0 formal warnings before they were banned

Must have been a very bad Bear indeed :-(

Because that's what they do here. Everybody'd so anxious to show how cute and clever they are they totally ignore what the poster said in favor of making fun of him for saying it.

Why was zanity's post just ridiculed with no countering arguments, just two sarcastic posts?

LexXxM5 banned.

Reason for the ban

Asset theft and returning banned thief member LexxxM5

File removed - Resurrection.

Moderation history

This member received 0 informal warnings and 0 formal warnings before they were banned

Must have been a very bad Bear indeed :-(

Because that's what they do here. Everybody'd so anxious to show how cute and clever they are they totally ignore what the poster said in favor of making fun of him for saying it.

Because there is just no need for what he suggested. If a modder is ok with other people using his assets he can just put that in the description of his mod. And if he isnt then he definately shouldnt be forced to do so.

Someone asked this elsewhere, so I'll just quote my reply there.

The Vampire Dante, on 20 Jun 2016 - 05:05 AM, said:

In response to post #39517500.

QuoteEffELOfficial wrote: Question for a moderator: What would the situation be if the ResurrectionDev guy were to issue a public apology, here on Nexus? Even if the dude had to make a new account to do so? Like. He issues a public apology in a thread, offers to either credit Doodlezoid or remove the assets and find/make new ones? Just wondering.

Wouldn't matter, ResurrectioDev was his second account anyway, so he was already in violation of a previous ban (for asset theft).

Original account ban:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3567140-lexxxm5-banned/

File was named " Divine Revelation " at that point.

His unban appeal was denied at the time as per our standard process.

- and his second:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4570485-resurrectiondev-banned/

Where he reuploaded his original file under the new name of " Resurrection ", albeit with some new additions (including new stolen material).

No appeal was submitted for this account.

So one act of mass asset theft repeated across two accounts. It is highly unlikely he will be welcomed again.

Check his post history and you might start to form an idea of why. Also pay attention to the number of times he responds to anyone.

I don't reply (this is an EXCEPTION) because only CHILDREN argue back and forward on forums. I make my points, with reasoning, and don't care if people agree or not. Facts speak for themselves. Idiots think facts are a 'popularity' contest.

The BIGGEST mistake Nexus makes is not encouraging ALL modders to post their mods under a purspoe created, inheritable 'open-source' type licence- allowing other modders to use existing published mods WITHOUT explicit permission. This is a FACT. But Nexus goes against EVERY principle of community based free open-source development quite purposely- prefering instead to exploit the EXACT psychology that leads to 'sarcastic' responses to anything I may say people dim people who think themselves 'clever'.

Again, the curent open-source movement could NEVER have developed in tabloid/fame/petty-in-fighting obssessed Britain. Look at recent events here wheer the main political parties all state that it is GOOD that DEMOCRACY is closed down in a current by-election, and sheeple fall for it because of 'circumstances'.

There are very GOOD lessons to be learnt from the recent beth.net, poor FO4 modding, and paid Skyrim modding debacles- but no-one here is interested in learning anything GOOD.

In the end, Beth will win by offering authors who bang out TRIVIAL Mods a revenue stream on Beth.net.

Did you know that under open source licences of every variety in use, once you publish your code/data set under such a licence, you CANNOT remove permission from anyone who respects the inhereted licence from using your code/data in the future? This is the exact OPPOSITE to the philosophy encouraged by those that run the Nexus. THINK ABOUT THIS. Some ideas make the future clean and nice and decent and reasonable. Some ideas are intended to make the future dirty and aggressive and nasty and horrible.

And what does in-fighting over FREE community software get anybody? But of course, half the current good modders have their eye on the PAID MODS ball (which is fair enough), and so do not want to be part of a true shared community experience for fear of impacted the ease with which their efforts may make money in the future.

But PAID sofware co-exists with open-source software. And massive corporations who make billions from protected IP also choose to participate in the open-source movement, where once RELEASED, those corp[orate efforts CANNOT be taken back (unlike on the Nexus). Open Office forked into Libre Office, and their was NOTHING the corporations behind much of the code in Open Office could do about this. Compare that with the fate of the 'ressurection' mod.

And NO- I won't be responding to comments about my comments in the future- good or bad. I don't comment because I don't wish to enter into that silly kind of circle-jerk. I comment because I CARE about the healthy future of community modding.

Edited by zanity

Well thanks zanity for further clarifying your thoughts on these current issues regarding these mods, I at least found it quite interesting, if future revenue streams are the reason IP is being fought over then that does make sense, we all like $$$ :-) So it really is best for mod creators to do the expected thing and gain permissions first before incorporating them into their mods, unless or until things change.

And thanks for all the others who posted more info regarding my question. I just hope this all comes to a satisfactory conclusion and benefits everyone who loves the Fallout 4 world and all other games affected.