This is my first post, so if I make any mistakes, that's probably why.
So I downloaded the Improved Sound FX mod by dDefinder1 and installed it.
The mod itself worked fine but I didn't really like the gun sounds too much, so I decided to edit them for myself and make them a bit more punchy.
However, once I replaced the modded sounds with my own edited ones, they wouldn't be played in game anymore.
I booted up GECK to see if it can play the sounds but it couldn't. Changing the sound back to one of the original modded sounds or even an exported version of the original sound works, but my own sounds won't play.
Here's what I already did:
- exported 3d sounds to stereo or mono (no difference)
- made sure the sound doesn't clip
- made bitrate and samplerate equal to what they are in the vanilla sounds (48000 Hz/ 1536 Kb/s)
- renamed the files and put them in a custom folder, then changed the sound path in GECK to see if it makes a difference
- Made the sound equal in length to the vanilla sound
Has anyone else experienced issues like this? Maybe someone has an idea how to fix the problem.
Thanks to everyone in advance.
Here's a link to my sound file, maybe you can find something out that I can't.: