Werewolf powers for children in Skyrim

LadyOfHircine

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right area to be posting this in, but no matter.

I was just wondering, I downloaded a bunch of werewolf mods, to make being a werewolf more fun and immersive.

One of those involve Moonlight Tales, which I find to be very thoroughly thought out. However, I was wondering if someone that knows modding may explain to me if an adopted child could ever have abilities as a werewolf or vampire? For example, I have AFT, RS Children overhaul and killable children, clothing and armour for children, children fight back, and those mods combined allow you to have a child follower with the AFT mod, and make it more useful. So is there no way to make an option for kids so when you recruit them (your own kids) and/or scratch them as a werewolf, give them a werewolf blood potion (from moonlight tales) etc that they could do what your standard followers would do when you choose an option for when they should use their power etc?

It would be great for my 'son' Samuel to be a werewolf with me, so we could really go 'hunting' together.

What do you think?

There are plenty of children vampire companion mods but no werewolf children mods. Basically vampirism is easy to apply to a child in the CK (but there are no childlike vampire lord mods either for the same reasons) but because of the animations and models never being designed for children, werekids is not possible. It is possible to infect the kids in game with either disease without the CK but stranges and unpleasant things happen when they actually turn (no heads for vampires for example) because the child races were never intended to become either.

Not saying it couldn't be done if someone wanted to spend the time and effort to make new models and animations and figure out how to apply all that to the children.

That's really helpful, thank you!

I feel like if a modder were to do this, it would be greatly used by a lot of people.

So about the models for the children. Can't they replace it with miniature 'adult' models/skeletons, and just mod that skin into a child face and what not, and add them to the child faction? Wouldn't this be an easier way to go about the idea of vampire Lord and were-children?

I'm interested in this, and want to learn, so if my comments make no sense, don't forget that I'm new to this 😂 But thank you for your answer.

One more thing I need to understand, if this causes a lot of problems as you mentioned, how can you have a playable child, with RS Children, and play normally? I mean to say, what happens to all the spell animations, the powers such as beast form and vampire Lord? Surely if that could work, then a child can have these powers? But how to do that, I'm totally lost.

• 11 months later...

There are plenty of children vampire companion mods but no werewolf children mods. Basically vampirism is easy to apply to a child in the CK (but there are no childlike vampire lord mods either for the same reasons) but because of the animations and models never being designed for children, werekids is not possible. It is possible to infect the kids in game with either disease without the CK but stranges and unpleasant things happen when they actually turn (no heads for vampires for example) because the child races were never intended to become either.

Not saying it couldn't be done if someone wanted to spend the time and effort to make new models and animations and figure out how to apply all that to the children.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67423

:tongue: