Yes, I know in the lore the Potato went extinct. According to one scribe, who may have been a bit dehydrated, and far from home. This mod request is simple. A potato plant. See, potatoes are actually pretty hardy little plants, and can grow almost anywhere. Their use as a survival food has been well documented in a very long study codenamed Ireland, as well as their commercial potential in a study codenamed Idaho.

We had potatoes in New Vegas, but it appears that since that was an Obsidian game rather than a Bethesda, that idea got chucked out the window.

Lore friendlier version:

Extinct for many years until a wandering adventurer by the name of Carlton Ricks stumbled into an ASV (American Seed Vault), the potato seems to have thrived in the post-apocalyptic soil. With a resurgence not seen in a plant, it has adapted rather well.

Or perhaps a new area? Maybe Nate/Nora (or whatever you've named them) finds the Seed Vault themselves?

Stats:

Weight: 1 (Reasonably good-sized potato)

Food (for NPCs): 1

Food (Survival): Filling (whatever weirdass variables makes it that way.) After all, a 'standard' sized human can survive off potatoes for quite some time. Just potatoes.

Value: 5 caps max?

Recipes: Vegetable Starch, Stews, Mashed Potatoes, Baked Potatoes, Fries (Maybe?), and however many other combinations one can think of?

281ae8b57c4fa854f65d7f7ac6416c27.gif

Edited by SargeWashington

From the Botany terminal on the Prydwen:

Tato

According to some old botany texts we found, this appears to be combination of a now extinct plant called a "potato" and another extinct plant called a "tomato." The outside looks like a tomato, but the inside is brown. Tastes as absolutely disgusting as it looks, but will keep you from starving.

From the Botany terminal on the Prydwen:

Tato

According to some old botany texts we found, this appears to be combination of a now extinct plant called a "potato" and another extinct plant called a "tomato." The outside looks like a tomato, but the inside is brown. Tastes as absolutely disgusting as it looks, but will keep you from starving.

While it is possible to create a grafted chimera plant (TomTato), this does not allow for the actual hybrid vegetable to be developed. I was aware of the terminal entry, hence why I mentioned it in passing (the scribe who may or may not have been dehydrated). But thank you for bringing that up. Wolflordjsw, was that the quote you were meaning?

Hence why my original request still stands. Heck, maybe separate them both back out even.

So, updated:

Would it be feasible to create TWO food items/appropriate plants? Or maybe just add one and tweak the stats of the other? Meaning make the Tato more like a Tomato, and then create the Potato from scratch?

Edited by SargeWashington

Well, I would definately like to see the potatoes return, in a world where 200 year old ghouls walk about, humans turn into towering behemoths of mutated death, and horseshoe crabs have turned into giant terrorizing crab people... the hybridization of potato and tomato via unknown means just doesnt feel like that far fetched.

Either way, yes, I want potatoes too, seriously, I needs my taters to boil mash or stick in a stew.

That, plus, add a potato cannon! And potato battery clusters! :laugh:

Hm, if potatos were available very early in the game already, potato batteries just might work as your first power source. You need 1 potato, 1 copper, 1 steel (since there is no tin), and get 1 power. Just enough to power the radio beacon or get some light. Maybe even less than 1, if that is possible.

That, plus, add a potato cannon! And potato battery clusters! :laugh:

Hm, if potatos were available very early in the game already, potato batteries just might work as your first power source. You need 1 potato, 1 copper, 1 steel (since there is no tin), and get 1 power. Just enough to power the radio beacon or get some light. Maybe even less than 1, if that is possible.

Love it! :laugh:

Did you know that a single potato has enough power to run GLADoS? Maybe someone could mod in a quest where you find the first potato and unlock the Seed Vault with the help of a computer attached to said potato!