[Mod request/Help] More custom map markers.

starwarssonic90

good evening, the mod link is dead.
It seems that the friendly hud offers this functionality, but this mod is too heavy and conflicts too much with a good number of mods. same merger script does not happen at all reconciled. Personally, I just want to be able to put as many personalized markers as I want. thanks very much
sorry for my english i use an auto trad. (French if ever.)

Edited by yabz39

• 1 month later...

Working here:

1.32, steam GOTY with all DLC

No other mods in place; believe it or not this was the first main feature I wanted changed but I just started into the game a week or so ago (working through my want-to-play-someday backlog).

Kudos on a sweet and simple (I hope) mod that solved my exact problem!

can you please describe all step instal this mod because i tried everything and nothing help , 1.32 goty gog

• 6 months later...

I have created a mod that removes the limit on custom markers. Get it from the attachment to this post or download it from here.

Unzip and place the files in your Witcher 3 directory in bin\x64. If there's already a "plugins" directory that's fine, just merge it with this mod's one.

If you already have a "dsound.dll", chances are it's the same I have included, so just try it without overriding.

It should work on all versions of Witcher 3 v1.24-v1.31 (and possibly even older versions), no matter if GOTY or not, on Steam/GOG/Galaxy and probably other platforms.

Use at your own risk, I provide no warranty at all. I don't know why the developers decided to put these limits into the game in the first place, I can't rule out technical problems.

Feedback on whether it works for you is appreciated, if it works well for other people I might put the mod onto its own page on Nexus Mods.

Credits: The "dsound.dll" I have included is a dll which loads all dlls from the "plugins" directory (so you can have multiple mods that use a dll for code injection), source code of it can be found at gamebooster/dll-plugins-loader, the compiled version I have used was taken from the Adjustable Weight Limit mod. Additionally I used some code/ideas from the aforementioned weight mod for patching the game's memory.

If there's interest I can release the source code of my mod as well.

It works in GOG v.1.32!!! Thank you very much!!! You have to upload an official mod!!!

Edited by Olaznog

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just need to extract the file in the "mods" folder right?

No. From the mod's description:

Unzip and place the files in your Witcher 3 directory in bin\x64. If there's already a "plugins" directory that's fine, just merge it with this mod's one.

If you already have a "dsound.dll", chances are it's the same I have included, so just try it without overriding.

• 1 month later...

Hi pcworldSW,

Thank you very much for such a quick reply! Especially considering Christmas time, as we are still in octave then maybe a little late but happy Christmas :-)

Certainly, feel free to take a look later in your free time and yup, I think such mod page will be quite useful (and also simply make mod more popular).

It maybe a small addition to W3 but considering such approach as mine to the series (want to check basically everything) then it simply enable planning exploration in long run.

Obviously, Happy New Year!

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated the mod so that it is compatible from Witcher 3 v1.24 up to v4.0.0_Hotfix2 (and possibly future versions).

Download v1.0-rc1 of this mod. I have additionally published its source code at https://gitlab.com/pcworld/witcher3-unlimited-custom-markers

I have tested it with the GOG Galaxy release of Witcher 3 v4.0.0_Hotfix2 (I have not tested it with Steam or other versions but assume they should be compatible).

Please report whether it works for you and which Witcher 3 version and game store (GOG installer, GOG Galaxy, Steam, …) you use. Please also test that once you have more than 20 markers, you can load the save game after restarting the game and that all custom markers have been persisted.

If this turns out fine, I intend to create a mod page on nexusmods.