broken textures in interiors near fire

chengzhizhang

Hey guys, recently I found this weird texture/shadow issue. See pictureScreen_Shot0.jpgScreen_Shot1.jpgSo basically there are flickering white-yellowish spots on character textures (both PC and NPC, male and female) and sometimes the skin even turns black/dark-greenish. It happens randomly and not very often, and apparently only in interiors (usually near fire, but occasionally also elsewhere). It seems that this happens only at certain angles/brightness level, usually when I turned my character to another direction or walked a bit (either toward the fire or away), the bug disappeared (or got better from picture 2 to 1).

I looked up everywhere and couldn't find an answer. Please help!

My load order:

0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
6 6 MTAutoStorage.esm
7 7 ApachiiHairFemales.esm
8 8 TouringCarriages.esp
9 9 SkyUI.esp
10 a ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp
11 b RealisticRoomRental.esp
12 c ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-3.esp
13 d Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
14 e AddressUnknown.esp
15 f iActivate.esp
16 10 AnonymousPeople.esp
17 11 YourMarketStall.esp
18 12 SOTFollowMeAndSwimToo.esp
19 13 RealisticHumanoidMovementSpeed.esp
20 14 NN_ElvishDresses.esp
21 15 Book Covers Skyrim.esp
22 16 SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
23 17 SoS - Civilization.esp
24 18 heartwoodcottageNM1_v2.esp
25 19 BooksOfSkyrim.esp
26 1a silverfish.esp
27 1b enhanceddynamicweathersystem.esp
28 1c SoS - Civilization-PatchCoT.esp
29 1d RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
30 1e RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
31 1f RealisticWaterTwo.esp
32 20 RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
33 21 SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
34 22 Chesko_Frostfall.esp
35 23 RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
36 24 RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp
37 25 Immersive Travelers.esp
38 26 Immersive Patrols.esp
39 27 RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp
40 28 Immersive Brigands.esp
41 29 RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
42 2a Bijin Warmaidens.esp
43 2b Bijin Wives.esp
44 2c Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
45 2d UNP Spice Gear.esp
46 2e BlackLaceMiniDress.esp
47 2f RaceMenu.esp
48 30 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
49 31 Ancient Knowledge Fix.esp
50 32 Horses for followers.esp

Let's try the following what mods does change your characters appearance in game?

Other then bijin do you have other mods that change that, if you do that may very well overwrite and give you those results.

Thanks. I also use UNP body, Eyes of Beauty, some hair and lip mods, etc. But since this happens to both male and female and both on bodies and armors (see picture), I don't think that's the issue. What's peculiar about this problem, as I observed, is that:

1. It only (and always) happens in certain interiors but never in the others, e.g. a few inns, blue palace, a few dungeons etc.

2. It most likely has something to do with the lighting. As said above, most often it happens when a character is near the fire. When I turn or make the character walk a bit (or even just turn the camera a bit sometimes), then the issue is gone (with lighting and shadow all being normal), but at a different angle or relative location in the room the problem may reappear.

I tried installing ELFX to see if that would by any chance solve the problem, but it didn't. And with ELFX I also notice that, in some interiors, where there is light shining from outside, there is this broken texture on the side of the character's body which is shone by the light whereas the side in the shadow is normal.

3. It never happens in the exterior.

In short, I think the occurrence of this problem is dependent on certain lighting conditions, perhaps having something to do with brightness?/type of light?. I don't have much knowledge on how the lighting works in Skyrim, so I have no idea.

The game is otherwise running very well. But this annoying and, more importantly, ugly (!!) bug is driving me crazy. Please help! Thanks.

Do you use any enb presets?

is this compatible with tamriel climates enhanceddynamicweathersystem.esp? don't you need a patch for this?

I'm not using any ENB presets. The EDWS should be compatible with COT (at least not causing any problems) as I played with both in other playthroughs and they worked just fine.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same here !! I did a fresh install of my OS windows 7 , installed chipset driver first etc total clean install just for modding skyrim. Installed os on C drive, steam on seperate partition D drive.. installed skyrim, ran it, texture of flames or fire disappears when getting close or looking up while the fire is below. Only on campfires and in the inns where they cook food and sit.... also trief with and without aa, af, enb, mo, nmm, bash and merge patch with few mods and textures for those fire and wood, still nothing...... also tried FOV to 90 etc.... PLZ HELLLLPPPPP

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Asus maximus viii hero

Evga gtx 1080 ti ftw3

32gig ram.corsair led 3200mhz

I5 6600k

Samsung evo 500gig