[Creation Kit]Help needed: Heightmap Editing

Salutations all

I have some need of help with the creation kit

as I'm trying to create an Island for my big mod "It Came From Caveni Island" I need to be able to work with the heightmap.

However, compared to the old creation kits (Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas)

this new heightmap editor system is something I can't quite get my head around to

I seem to have only two options, whihc is automated heightmap editor, which i don't really understand

und Heightmap importer, which I can not use as I haven't made a heightmap of the island in previous games

so is there anyone here who can help me out on this ordeal?

any help is much appreciated

kind regards
Rasponov

The heightmap editor has been truncated into just an importer. It no longer has the preview functionality or other capabilities that previous editors have.

The Autopaint feature is for importing an image to use as a mask for painting landscape textures.

So, your only good option for creating a large worldspace is to import a heightmap image. You can use TESAnywynn to export your heightmap from any of the previous games to use again, though you'll also need to reformat the image.

• 4 weeks later...

How do you edit the heightmap?

When I open the landscape editing tools, I cannot get the edit radius to show up in the render window, nor can I adjust the heightmap in any way by left-clicking, and by right-clicking I just rotate through some textures.

Has something changed? Is there a setting I'm missing?