Improper Helmet/Hat/Hood Scaling

Acejhm

I am having issues with a custom race that has incorrect helmet scaling resulting in some really annoying clipping, a few floating meshes, and much larger than necessary helmets/hats/hoods. I am trying to fix it, but I have no idea what files actually contribute to that. I was replacing the default Khajiit race with a khajiit-human hybrid, and the head shape is a bit more human-like. However, the helmet's scale to the same size as the default Khajiit, instead of the new, smaller head-size. Whenever I try to use it as it's own race it works fine, so I'm not really sure what the deal is. I'm willing to figure out how to fix it on my own, if someone can just point me to where the problem is located. I've tried changing the race's head.nif and head.tri files, thinking that was where the problem was, but it just messed with the look of the head mesh itself, not the actual scaling of attached head-related items.

Thanks.

Edited by Acejhm

You are using the CK right?

I have the creation kit installed, but I'm just starting to learn how to use it. Technically, the race I was using came as a custom race, and I used several mods in tandem to replace the default khajiit race with it. I used a body replacer, "Everybody's Different" http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51612/?, and a race replacer mod to get it to work like it did. Basically, spit and ducttape. And everything works great except for the hat scaling. Should I open stuff up in the CK to get an idea why it's broken?