Kasumi Companion

PolloGuy

So as I was playing through Far Harbor, I was really hoping that I could have Kasumi as a follower, however when I finished it it was kinda disappointing that i couldn't. I was wondering if maybe someone could make her be a companion and possibly have her give locations of materials you're searching for, or maybe giving you blueprints for preexisting building things, such as floors, roofs, generators, etc., but for a cheaper cost then normal. Dunno, thought it might be an interesting idea.

• 6 months later...

I know, I know... I'm bumping an old thread here. But hey - PolloGuy, if you're still interested, there IS a way.

Seeing how nobody took you up on your awesome idea, we'll have to cope with its second-best. That's understandable, since what you suggested could actually prove a decent bit hard to mod. So, here's a workaround. Of course - she'll never be a fully forged companion with affinity and romance options, but...

You CAN actually use the Unlimited Companion Framework to recruit her and you can customize her gear, give her orders, basically like any legit companion in the game. Except for the Romancing and affinity system, though. Hey - I did say second-best, right? :D

Anyway, it's still good enough for me - I'm currently rollin' with her and MacCready all over the Wasteland. Thought I'd share this workaround here on the forums, case there are some people who didn't know about this framework. Great job to the modder(s) who made it.

Edited by marinchev

• 1 year later...

yeah i thought that too and got disappointed as well the devs f.ucked up in this part they could gave us kasumi as a companion would be very awesome i will never understand why they didnt put her as a companion they could make some new content where she came back to give us missions or help us in some questline then in the end we could have her as a companion and maybe even romance her later on and that is not impossible to do is just the will and the time to do that.

Edited by nekris999

I have something to add on here...I recently came up with an idea for a companion and was well on the way to starting a fully-fleshed out mod for it, complete with affinity and a personal quest. Only after I came up with this idea did I play Far Harbour and learn that Kasumi is pretty much exactly what I came up with.

If there's still interest for a companion *like* Kasumi I could go ahead with my idea

I have something to add on here...I recently came up with an idea for a companion and was well on the way to starting a fully-fleshed out mod for it, complete with affinity and a personal quest. Only after I came up with this idea did I play Far Harbour and learn that Kasumi is pretty much exactly what I came up with.

If there's still interest for a companion *like* Kasumi I could go ahead with my idea

i believe its possible to replace kasumi with your custom companion, if that's an an idea you would be interested in

That's a cool idea, but I had a much cooler backstory in mind, and I hate Kasumi's face. She (and her family) are obviously supposed to be Japanese...but Fallout has always sucked at making Asian characters, I find. Anyway, that would also require Far Harbour, and I wouldn't want to exclude those who don't have it.

That's a cool idea, but I had a much cooler backstory in mind, and I hate Kasumi's face. She (and her family) are obviously supposed to be Japanese...but Fallout has always sucked at making Asian characters, I find. Anyway, that would also require Far Harbour, and I wouldn't want to exclude those who don't have it.

oh god they really do lol and ya that makes sense. either way im always happy to get a new companion mod :)

• 1 year later...