Parts to build a gaming pc that can play Fallout 4?

I bought Fallout 4 as soon as it was available, however I would never be able to play it from what I've been told due to my computer being too low end. I finally decided it was time to get a gaming pc I was going to buy a pre-built one, however I was told that building one yourself is cheaper. I decided I'd try and build one myself, however that brings up a problem... In order to build one I'd need parts and well I don't know what I need part wise. I don't have the slightest clue what parts to buy. I don't want to spend several thousand dollars on parts though. If anyone could help me out I'd be really appreciative.

https://www.scan.co.uk/savedbasket/74200bbb-538b-4a4c-a18b-9c01dc9fa254

This was my first build, on top of that you will need an operating system ie (windows 7 or 10, you say you have a pc already so you would be better using a tool like windows easy transfer vs buying a new copy) a cd/blueray drive depending on your needs, I bought a cheap one as it was purely to install my os and depending on whether its a wired connection or a wireless one (would recommend wired) an ethernet cable or wireless connector. Obviously yours does not need to mirror mine, in fact i have upgraded a bit since then, my current GPU is a 4gb gtx970 and if you can afford it I would recommend a GPU at this level, I have also increased my HDD capacity. Another note is if you do plan on following mine I would not recommend the gaming mouse or keyboard and if you intend to play online a decent headset is nice as well. Currently I run fallout 4 on ultra settings with no problems whatsoever. Hope this helps, if you need any more help just send me a message

Note: I understand you have a pc already which means you probably have access to a load of parts currently and it might be that all you need to do is upgrade your current one vs a brand new build, this post should only really act as a means to see which parts make up a pc in general. I would also make you aware that there are sites out there that will build your pc for you taking away any liability you might have in damaging parts during assembly, if you are not confident to do it I would suggest this method.

I bought Fallout 4 as soon as it was available, however I would never be able to play it from what I've been told due to my computer being too low end. I finally decided it was time to get a gaming pc I was going to buy a pre-built one, however I was told that building one yourself is cheaper. I decided I'd try and build one myself, however that brings up a problem... In order to build one I'd need parts and well I don't know what I need part wise. I don't have the slightest clue what parts to buy. I don't want to spend several thousand dollars on parts though. If anyone could help me out I'd be really appreciative.

It would be good to know what you have to work with budget wise exactly. 300-500 dollars for example will build a machine that will run it smoothly plus a few mods. Fallout 4 for all it's next gen-ness is still built to be playable on console technology which has to be first and foremost low energy consumption so it can play without catching fire while sitting on a carpet, so it is easy to build a PC that can match the technology.

Just as a fun fact, they made a big to do about Fallout 4 absolutely needing 8 Gigs of Ram to play, not the case, decent CPU (intel 4690) and GPU (GTX 970) with just 4 Gigs physical ram murders it with +mods +mods +mods (textures mostly), was kind of a hilarious test.

That being sad, ram should be cheap enough not to have 8 gigs, I was simply suspicious of the claim.

GR1993 made some good points about transferring re-usable parts from your existing PC, like your monitor/case and so on, which will definitely save you a few bucks. You would be surprised how much a case can cost.

Edited by Darthsith