Esbern wont open the door.

Tarm

I didn't even choose that option and he let me in...

Forget what option I used, think it was just telling him she sent me and that I was dragonborn.

I've tried a couple of the answers and once I think I even heard him open the locks but I still can't get in or talk with him through the door again.

I did a websearch and it turns out Esbern is one bugged fellow. He won't open the door or speak, the subtitles are there for only a second and he might get stuck doing the same thing thing forever. Argh!

Edit: I've managed to proceed by using the console to get inside the room and spamming him by pressing E like a madman. We'll see if I can continue with this until his quest hopefully are over.

Edited by Tarm

You must download the voice fix (which you must google, lazies.) and voila, he works.

Just download it, reload a save before you meet him. if you can't then just resurrect him with the console.

Thank you!

If I get to him with a new character before a official patch have been released I'll do that. :)

i did the voice fix thingy but the door does not open so i can't get in to talk to him , any solutions to that ?

Ps i used every option available , i hear the locks open but when i try to open the door i only hear a clicking sound but the door does not open.

Edited by Wildone666

If you guys are on PC just do that:

1. Press the "~" button on your keyboard

2. Type in TCL

Now you can move through the door, I did it once, and I think it shall fix your problem.

That's the command I used to get into the room. But that only take care of one of his many bugs.

i did the voice fix thingy but the door does not open so i can't get in to talk to him , any solutions to that ?

Try to leave this section of the dungeon through the door you came from. Then turn around and run back to Esbern's door. That's a workaround I got from a youtube vid (voicefix included) and it worked.