Send follower to a specific hold

Juudas333

Considering that there is a mod that allows you to send your follower wandering randomly around Skyrim, I'd assume this to be a simple task and yet I can't find a mod like this anywhere.

What I'm looking for is the option of commanding followers to leave the players side and go to a specific hold (or even some other map marked location) like Whiterun or Solitude to wait. I'd strongly prefer that they would actually travel there by feet or by horse rather than be teleported or moved in some other unimmersive way.

I most often prefer to wander around Skyrim alone rather than with companions. Even with Better Stealth AI for Followers, being stealthy is still more fun and more rewarding without followers. They can still be of use to me in other ways especially in quests so I don't want to just rule them out.

In the vanilla game my only option is to either leave followers to wait wherever we are before I take my own leave to wander around Skyrim or dismiss them in which case they return to wherever I originally recruited them. In both cases I'll have to return to them when I need their help again and then go with my follower to wherever I was headed in the questline.

What I would like to do instead is tell my follower to go straight to the location of my choosing ahead of me and wait there. For example if I was in Whiterun and had a quest in Solitude, I could tell my follower to go to Solitude and wait there. Then I could take whatever route I like, visit whichever locations I want on the way there and spend as much time going there as I would like without a follower breathing on my neck. When I would finally arrive to Solitude, my follower would be there waiting.

Notes:

- I think it would be most immersive, if you could send a follower to any of the holds even before visiting them yourself, as their locations are common knowledge. Some other locations would be useful as options too, such as Hearthfire homesteads, but only once their locations have been discovered.

- It would be a big plus if the execution of this mod was done immersively. Instead of just standing at the gates of a hold, the follower could wait in an inn for example. (I use Lively Followers, which should take care of the rest.)

- It would be a big plus, if the followers rode to their given destination. I'd prefer that this option wasn't left for mods like Convenient Horses, while it would be great if it was executed in a similar way. (in convenient horses, the followers can summon a horse to ride and the horses disappear again when the follower dismounts)
- Perhaps a follower horse could spawn in the holds stable whenever the follower is given leave to another hold and disappear when the follower arrives to their destination. In that way the appearing and disappearing of the horse wouldn't have to be so obvious and immersion breaking either, unless you're staring at the stables while it happens.
- This mod could even serve as a lighter alternative to mods that enable followers to ride horses giving instead the compromise of letting followers ride independently to a single given destination while still not making it possible for followers to follow you on horseback.

Edited by Juudas333

While not exactly what you're looking for, from what you describe, this might interest you. It allows you to change an NPCs sandbox patterns (in other words, where they reside when they're not following you) so long as they're your follower.