Skyrim Fix random crash to desktop no error

Mizogucci

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steps to take:

1. Verify Integrity of Local Files for the game.

2. Turn off V-Sync

3. Do the audio tweak (44000hz and 16 bit in audion playback)

4. Turn off all unused applications.

5. ATI users: try turn off Crossfire, seems that somehow helps some.

These are the ONLY fixes that have been posted on either Beth or Nexus. If these don't work for you, let's hope and pray Bethesda gets a patch out VERY soon. Good luck, plz post any positive results.

How do I adjust the audio tweak?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

My problem with CTD is about how random it can be. Some days it never happened even once no matter how long I played and how harsh I abused the system (exiting a room right after I entered it because I forgot that there was something else to do inside that room, and then promptly exiting again even before the room is fully visible because I just had the idea to do that particular thing later, but then entering again because I changed my mind, and even activating TGM and spawning tons of enemies just to vent out after a long frustrating day in RL) and everything is still stable. Not even a lag happened. But some other days (like today) anything and everything will cause CTDs, from entering/exiting a room, scrolling my inventory too fast, just trying to save, rotating the camera a tad bit too fast, or even stopping my walk to listen to an NPC talking while I walked by will cause CTD. And except for occasional changing the volume settings, I never change anything from my settings.

Oh, and in between those days when CTD never happen and the days when it was so easy to happen I also never change/add/remove and mod from my game.

Anyone have any idea why this kind of random CTD occurrence happened, and how to fix it? Thank you.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You Know what people? I fixed this problem.The fix is very unusual But it will fix this issue whoever's using HD Texture Pack DLC.I know it might hurt but you will have to disable the HD Texture DLC.I dont know if this fix is already posted here i did not take a look at all the replies.It will work especially if you have a kinda low end pc like me

Here are my specs(if it helps)

i3-2120 @3.30 ghz

Nvidia gt 730 2gb ddr5 128 bit

4gb ram(ddr3 maybe)

500 GB HardDisk

Drink a beer in my name if it works

• 7 months later...

Found the solution to my problems here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/490125737464717517/

Originally posted by cheshirm:

googling "windows 10" "every 15 mins" seems to bring a lot of hits. try killing a process called tabtip32.exe and disable Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel service. found in this thread:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/215530/discussions/1/523897277921744787/
if that works thank user Krayzi who posted it.