Nexus Mod Manager Not Uninstalling Mods Properly

Cavou

Recently I have been having a problem with Nexus Mod Manager where, even if I tell NMM to disable and then delete the mod from all profiles and then uninstall and permanently delete it off of NMM so that no record of it is left, all of its files will remain in my Fallout 4 directory. This includes .esp files remaining active and loose files remaining active in the game's folders as well. As a result, I have to manually uninstall every mod I would normally uninstall using NMM, and I am not sure when this issue started happening so I don't know how many files are cluttering up my Fallout 4 folder and effecting things that I don't want it to.

I have tried running NMM as admin and I looked into this problem extensively but have found no information on the problem at all. I have asked my friends who play Fallout 4 and use NMM to mod it and they have not had this happen either. Nothing is in read-only mode and I don't have any other issues on my PC I am aware of.

I'd appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Cavou

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue here. I don't want to delete the .esps and .esms manually cuz I don't know if it will break the game. If anyone has any clue on what to do, here are some screens as an example. All of these mods have been uninstalled and deleted, yet they remain in the load order. Hell, the Robot Home Defense menu still pops up in my workshop. What the hell?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7W5G-nBwIzmV3pjOVZuT0cxTE0/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7W5G-nBwIzmajZvcVFzOWxaVVU/view?usp=sharing

• 7 months later...

The problem is that NMM is incredibly broken and they're not going to fix it because they're designing a new mod manager from scratch.

I suggest either switching to a somewhat older, more stable version of NMM or switching to Mod Organizer 2 which has recently started receiving support again with a new developer.

I use NMM and have learned to just disable mods. But I don't uninstall unless starting a new game or reverting to old save. IDK if the esp's are baked into your save like Sky. But I'm assuming they may be.

I just installed- then uninstalled a couple mods to check. Clean uninstall. So maybe just some mods?

• 9 months later...

I use NMM and have learned to just disable mods. But I don't uninstall unless starting a new game or reverting to old save. IDK if the esp's are baked into your save like Sky. But I'm assuming they may be.

I just installed- then uninstalled a couple mods to check. Clean uninstall. So maybe just some mods?

This works. For whatever reason uninstalling mods will not disable the files and deactivate the esp/esm files. I just had to go back through every mod i wanted rid of and reinstall then disable them, and i watched my plugin count dropping.

gotta love how NOBODY responded to this im having the same f***in issue

Mayhaps it's because you're posting your problem in the Fallout 4 forum instead of the "f***in" Nexus Mod Manager forum, huh? https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/439-open-beta-feedback/

Otherwise it's as Demanding has said.

The Rabbit