NavMesh Viewable Ingame

Deleted900561User

Its probably impossible but ive seen some wacko things in skyrim and fallout and i figure no harm in asking, either way ill get an answer.

I use the Place Anywhere F4SE plugin and im paranoid that the navmesh' are gettins screwed up placing stuff where its not supposed to go, ie, half in a wall or something, i was wondering if there was some way of making NavMeshes viewable ingame while in buildmode or a toggle button so i can see what is happening with the NavMeshes as im placing objects.

hope to hear a yea or nay thanks.

• 1 month later...

I would go for something like this. It would definitely help with figuring out why your settlers walk into poles and get stuck when they could easily just walk around it. A toggle button would be nicer to have so you could see the NavMesh anywhere in the game and not just settlements.

Few things I've noticed -

Navemeshes can sometimes take a few seconds to a few minutes to update. If you see settlers just staring off into space, or looking down at the ground, it can sometimes mean the game is trying to figure out the new pathing.

Sometimes Navmeshes can be 'crossed over" (i.e one floor tile on top of another) and this can sometimes confuse the poor settler's AI

Some "modded" or new items don't have proper Navemeshes, this can be noticed with things like stairs and such (copy/pasting from a Vanilla object does not always work) Try using a Vanilla item instead, and see if that works.

One thing I try is to have a humanoid companion with me when building, and if I make a major change to an area, or even just add a room/floor etc. I'll exit Workshop Mode, and see if they can get to me,(without using the magic teleportation trick that followers have) or I'll order them to walk to a spot, and see if they can get there. This will usually tell you if the Navmesh is working correctly.

But mod to actually "see" the Navmeshes wold make life sooo much simpler.