Interesting NPC's as Followers with EFF

Qazqaz698

I have a problem while running Interesting NPCs and EFF together. Whenever I recruit a follower from Interesting NPCs, I am presented with two options of "Follow me, I need your help". One of the options will lead to the EFF menu opening when I speak with the follower again, while the other goes with the vanilla Skyrim system. Side Note: No vanilla voices are actually being spoke by the follower; just subtitles. When talking with followers, every command in my player dialogue choices are listed twice. For example, I will have two options of "I need to trade some things with you". Side Note: Sometimes the wording may be slightly different between the two. One option will bring the Interesting NPC's recorded dialogue, while the other will have the vanilla dialogue in subtitles at the bottom (Yes I have subtitles on). Both of these options will work, but I prefer to eliminate the unwanted vanilla dialogue options, as they are very annoying. I do have the Interesting NPCs and EFF patch installed. Anybody seen or heard of this before, anybody know a potential solution?? Thanks for the help :)

The patch didn't seem to do anything for me, but I have the v3.09 of Interesting NPCs installed, with the updates installed. I will try to uninstall it and reinstall the latest version, thank you! And sorry for the slow response time. Ill get back to you after I try it out :smile:

Update: Sadly reinstalling everything with the latest version did not work...Does anybody know how any follower mods that are bug free with Interesting NPCs followers?

Edited by Qazqaz698

Hmm I don't understand this at all, even if I have no follower mods at all, it still behaves this way. Every dialogue choice I can select when speaking with a Interesting NPC's follower has two copies. Sometimes the wording is slightly different between the two. And like last time, one option will bring up the vanilla response subtitles, and the other will actually result in the Interesting NPC's voice-acted response. Any Help?

Update: Sadly reinstalling everything with the latest version did not work...Does anybody know how any follower mods that are bug free with Interesting NPCs followers?

Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks claims full compatibility with Interesting NPCs in its description. Haven't used that version of AFT so I can't say if it completely works and/or is bug free but might be worth it for you try the mod out.

Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks claims full compatibility with Interesting NPCs in its description. Haven't used that version of AFT so I can't say if it completely works and/or is bug free but might be worth it for you try the mod out.

I don't understand what is wrong with my game, but iAFT does not work either. I am truly stumped on this one.

Even when starting a new game, finding a follower iNPC, and recruiting them, the bug still persists.

If this happens on a completely new game then you have a mod conflict or compatibility issue to figure out. Sort your load order with LOOT and test on a new game with Interesting NPCs and see if that solves the problem. Test the vanilla followers as well on a minimal load order with only iNPC, make sure they work ok. If it only happens with iNPC followers on a fresh game, you've narrowed down the source of the problem considerably.

Ah thanks for the help guys, I did use loot and have tried all those suggestions. The vanilla followers work, but I decided to take a break from Skyrim and just ended up deleting iNPCs. Thanks for the advice though.