Creation kit gather scripts for your mod utility

I was wondering if there is a utility to gather automatically the scripts that I use in my mod?(not the creation kit)

If not where does the creation kit keeps the info that displays after you press create archive for your mod?

Edited by redrakiton125

Tes5Edit asset manager script gathers all the resources used by your mod. But be careful as it also manages to gather a lot of useless resources/vanilla assets used, so make sure you go in and delete all unnecessary resources gathered by it.

I was wondering if there is a utility to gather automatically the scripts that I use in my mod?(not the creation kit)

If not where does the creation kit keeps the info that displays after you press create archive for your mod?

#1. is the Creation kit.

#2. in the .bsa file

I was asking where is the file from which the creation kit stores that information

For example:

We probably have a database file, where the creation kit stores each script for every mod

So I want to build my self a utility that will fetch those files for me, the only thing I need is where is that info located exactly.

So I have my mod loaded in the creation kit The Red Dragons Tomb and when load it and want to make an archive I get list of all the things my mod need to work(That is the info that I want to know where is stored, in what file and the name of that file because I don't think that the creation kit just generate's that and stores it in a variable)

Thank you

Edited by redrakiton125

Each script for every mod is in their respective bsas if they have them, otherwise dumped on script folder.

What i do to pack my mods is:

1º Have a unique mod prefix on all its scripts. Usually i use the same prefix for textures and meshes folders.

2º Use windows search (by prefix, or sometimes just the last modified files within scripts folder that are usually the ones of the mod im developing currently) to get all the content and copy all of it to a folder within their respective textures/meshes/scripts folders.

3º Run archive.exe, copy that folder's path in root directory and add the content of it to the archive.

4º Save the bsa.

Each script for every mod is in their respective bsas if they have them, otherwise dumped on script folder.

What i do to pack my mods is:

1º Have a unique mod prefix on all its scripts. Usually i use the same prefix for textures and meshes folders.

2º Use windows search (by prefix, or sometimes just the last modified files within scripts folder that are usually the ones of the mod im developing currently) to get all the content and copy all of it to a folder within their respective textures/meshes/scripts folders.

3º Run archive.exe, copy that folder's path in root directory and add the content of it to the archive.

4º Save the bsa.

I already did that I was hoping to find a more easy to automate solution

Thank you

Part of my development workflow is defining something called a "manifest file". I use this in conjunction with a Python script to gather up all of my mod assets (including scripts). I also have another Python script that checks to make sure all of the files in my asset directories are also in my manifest file, and to throw warnings at me if they're not. This system has been extremely effective for me.

I did this because, like you, I couldn't trust the CK to gather up everything for me because it routinely missed things.

I wrote a blog post about it here: Modder's Corner - Release Toolchain, hope it helps.

Part of my development workflow is defining something called a "manifest file". I use this in conjunction with a Python script to gather up all of my mod assets (including scripts). I also have another Python script that checks to make sure all of the files in my asset directories are also in my manifest file, and to throw warnings at me if they're not. This system has been extremely effective for me.

I did this because, like you, I couldn't trust the CK to gather up everything for me because it routinely missed things.

I wrote a blog post about it here: Modder's Corner - Release Toolchain, hope it helps.

Thank you,

You are very generous