*Contraptions Workshop* Scrapper

Reaper50

This is something I feel the DLC should have added it self, Im not sure if Bethesda is gonna expand upon it.

Basically I guess take the model of a builder, you drop a gun or something else into it you can break down for components, and out the other side comes the components it would normally give you, except automated. This I feel will give you a reason to pick up all those dead enemies weapons and cloths, so you can break them down efficiently and quickly, and turn them into something you need.

Im not entirely sure if this is possible, but im sure it would be a pretty popular mod, seeing as it makes the whole "factory line" thing that contraptions adds a little more perceivable.

Thank you for your time.

I second this - much needed idea.

And to work in conjunction with it, an auto storage unit that puts items back into the workshop - the current one seems to keep items in itself rather than moving them back to the workshop to be shared with all crafting benches.

And to work in conjunction with it, an auto storage unit that puts items back into the workshop - the current one seems to keep items in itself rather than moving them back to the workshop to be shared with all crafting benches.

Manufacturing Extended adds a container that will send stuff to the Workshop. That MA has also made a machine that will break down Junk items to their components. They haven't had any luck including weapons and armor.

Ill definately keep Tabs on that mod, thanks for showing me it. But what you said about not having any luck on the weapons and armor recycling, they are trying to make it work? Because if its something not necessarily easy to accomplish, Ill just call this thread done and over with. If someone is already trying to accomplish this, I dont want modders butting heads on who's gonna discontinue their work.

-edit

I read that they havent been able to add weapon and armor recycling due to lack of game engine functionality. Its pretty cool that they tried atleast, Kentington said he will add it if a version of Fallout 4 script extender allows the functionality.

Edited by Reaper50

Ill definately keep Tabs on that mod, thanks for showing me it. But what you said about not having any luck on the weapons and armor recycling, they are trying to make it work? Because if its something not necessarily easy to accomplish, Ill just call this thread done and over with. If someone is already trying to accomplish this, I dont want modders butting heads on who's gonna discontinue their work.

Re-reading a post in the thread area of that mod states that it is currently not something that can be done.

Manufacturing Extended adds a container that will send stuff to the Workshop. That MA has also made a machine that will break down Junk items to their components. They haven't had any luck including weapons and armor.

That looks almost ideal, thank you. I had been looking on the nexus for something like this but obviously need to brush up on my search skills. ;)

That looks almost ideal, thank you. I had been looking on the nexus for something like this but obviously need to brush up on my search skills. :wink:

Or, your observation skills. It's been on the front page for over a week now. :wink:

That looks almost ideal, thank you. I had been looking on the nexus for something like this but obviously need to brush up on my search skills. :wink:

Or, your observation skills. It's been on the front page for over a week now. :wink:

Not my front page! You made me laugh with that though. And doubt myself so I went back to check and nope.... not there for me.

Not my front page! You made me laugh with that though. And doubt myself so I went back to check and nope.... not there for me.

Huh? ... I thought it was the same for everyone. Sort of a "Hey, look at these popular mods." Guess not ... And, I did have to check to see if it was still there. It is ... for me.