Am I the only one wishing the featured mods thing was moderated?

maxgame

Honestly I'm getting bored checking the nexus to only see skimpy armor mods and nude mods, people who like those and want them can go digging for them themselves, I'd much rather see well done and thought out mods hitting the front page and get the recognition they deserve, I also wish the "Most Endorsed files in the last two weeks" would be the top mods that have been endorsed in the past two weeks, that were, say, released in said past two weeks or something, not mods that are always going to be there, and the ones there are stuff like AWKCR, CBBE, Armorsmith Extended and other mods that almost everyone has at this point. Now of course they'll be in the Most Endorsed of All-Time still because they're staple points in modding. I have to dig around for any mod that is even possibly interesting and newer, it's tragic to see so many mods get drowned out by a popular skimpy armor/clothing mod that people who like to hoard skimpy mods can go and just simply look exclusively for them and get many good results, it's hard to find many good mods out there right now, granted the nexus is in a certain flood of mods of many different qualities. I just hope there will be some sort of regulation on certain mods to keep the front page to show more interesting mods rather than... bondage rope??? seriously, that one was up there for a little while too, I just don't get it, I know a lot of FO4 modders can be pervs but really, unless there's some sort of stripclub hidden in the game like from FNV then I simply don't understand why there are so many gaining popularity when it's you and your companions that can equip them. Guess this could be considered a rant or a reasonable thought that some other people are thinking about but hey, whoever wants to talk about it or anyone who might have a say in the website can help it'd be greatly appreciated, especially with the whole "Most Endorsed In The Past Two Weeks" thing pretty much just saying the same thing as any other timeline for it.

To be fair, if the nude mods are, in fact, most popular, they deserve to be up there the same as any weapon mod. Filters exist for a reason.

Well you're right, they do have the right to be up there the same as any other mod but really, it's just a drought of good mods right now is all, my mind just can't fathom of why the hell some useless armor mod like bondage rope is one of the top items on the list, now if it's a bodytype or a good armor (look at the Deathclaw Hunter armor, it's CBBE female only, but it takes skimpy and it makes it look good with that skimpy type) I can understand but sometimes some mods I just can't fathom the popularity aside from jerkoff material sometimes, I like some skimpy armors but only if they make it look good like the Deathclaw Hunter armor.

You can filter the mods you see in any number of ways. If you do not like these type mods then simply filter them out. You can even block certain mod authors. If you see a mod that you believe breaks the Terms of Service of this site then report it immediately.

If you want to bring notice to mods you believe don't get enough "love" then make sure you endorse and of course you can also post screenshots using mods you like.

The mods you see on the front hotfiles are there because they meet the criteria. Many times discussions have been had all over the site about mods on the hot files. They are there cause they are popular. You can however, as said, filter the mods that you see based on any number of filter options including nudity/adult content filtering. Just because you don't like it does mean that others don't. As difficult as it is to make a mod calling any of them useless because they do not suit you somewhat sad. I would also encourage you to learn to make mods to suit your own needs.

Also I do not usually comment on this but your post is almost impossible to read in the wall of text way you have it. Some paragraph breaks would make it much easier on the eye.

Hmm, here I was thinking we need even more bondage rope and ball gag mods. Why can't we use duct tape to craft something to tape Preston's mouth shut? Hogtie Marcy, suspend her from a pole and give your settlers brooms to whack her like a piñata. Possibilities man!

It would be nice if there were an option to customize which (categories of) mods we see on the front page. Or even just to block the nude mods. I'd like to check the nexus when I'm at the office or in a coffee shop, but it's rather awkward to have giant animated jugs pop up every time.

It would be nice if there were an option to customize which (categories of) mods we see on the front page. Or even just to block the nude mods. I'd like to check the nexus when I'm at the office or in a coffee shop, but it's rather awkward to have giant animated jugs pop up every time.

Good news: there is! On the top right of the nexus page, click "(your username)'s account", then "block content" in the drop-down. There, select what you want to block (Sexy/Skimpy, Nudity, NSFW, etc.) and click save. Files tagged with these should no longer appear during normal browsing!