Dynamic Bound Armor

subtlestrike

This mod would work this way: rather than being just a "Bound Armor" set of spells like in Oblivion, it would be an improvement on that.

It would be dependent on all relevant skills.
-If your Heavy Armor skill is higher, Heavy Armor is conjured. Same for Light Armor.
-Not only does the corresponding Armor skill decide what you get, but also its level determine the quality.
-Bound Shields should be added as well, both options being present but using the same graphics (unless someone makes Daedric Light Armor and Shield).
-Duration and cost would be decided by Conjuration, as expected.

The big selling point I want to see made is said armor being enchanted!
So, you learn the spell, then you use a Daedric Altar (or a MCM) to alter what enchants your armor will have.
This part is entirely ruled by Enchanting, as you need to know which spells are added to your armor.
(if this could be extended to the weapons I'd sweat bricks of joy).

This mod, if done correctly, can entirely alter how people play with Conjuration - not simply some mid-quality weapons and minions, but a thing beyond itself. Hell, we can even add a Master spell to quickly fit all allies and thralls in one go!

---------

Seeing how Bound Weapon spells work, I figured a little of it.
I'll need the books to learn the spells (easy), the spells to cast the effects (easy so far), the effects to bring the armor pieces into existence (can't figure how), the armor pieces themselves (easy with dummy items, out of my reach for the real bound armor pieces with proper shaders).
Then there's the real hard part, scripts. I've seen that "Conjure Weapon" gives either the common or the perked version by verifying if the perk is active, so I'm guessing that "Conjure Helmet" can give light or heavy helmet by using a simple "which armor skill is higher" check. But for the armor to actually give armor points according to Armor skill scripts are necessary.
Also if things are like I'm thinking they are, with scripts it should be easy to add enchantments to the base items that are conjured, so they come out conjured every time, and that part should be done via an Altar or MCM - also these modifications must be exclusive among save files.

Edited by subtlestrike