ENB Help,

freddy8975

Hello Everyone, I am new to modding and I can use some help from some more experienced people.

I have started to mod Skyrim (Legendary Edition) and I can get most of the mods I like to work except for ENB's. I have tried Realvision, Tetrachromatic bleak and un-bleak enb's, I am able to get them installed but I get constant crashes every ten minutes or so, no matter which enb I use. I made sure to have a clean skyrim installed before trying switching enb's. Only mod I've installed before the enb is Life another life and SKSE, so i don't have to go through the whole intro everytime. I can run the game fine without any enb's.

I usually set my ENBlocal memory settings to true which set it to 4096, I've also tried setting this manually. The ReservedMemorySizeMb I set to 512, snd i set Parallax Bugs to true but i've tried setting to false and still get crashes. I have also tried to verify steam cache.

I have a GTX 970 4gb card and I5 6600k cpu and 8gigs of ram,1TB HD, and windows 10.

What am I doing wrong? Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried putting as much info that I think will help but if you want to know anything else just let me know.

Edited by freddy8975

• 1 month later...

I have exactly this problem, and basically the same hardware. I think the problem is the DirectX9 memory limit in Windows 10. I can start the game, but crash to desktop as soon as I go to the bed.

If I disable ENB in-game, I can go to the bed, and then re-enable ENB when I get to my destination, but then I invariably get a crash with "Skyrim failed to allocate memory".

I've just given up on ENB for now, I'm hoping that the remaster will fix the issue by upgrading DirectX, and we can play Skyrim with all the nice things.

Hello there,

I also have a 970 and windows 10.

here are my ENB local settings. Copy them exactly and you shouldnt have issues. My settinggs are 100% correct. Link is posted underneath for reference so you dont just have to take my word for it.

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=
[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true
[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true
[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=3714
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false
[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false
[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0
[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0
[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=55.0
[iNPUT]
KeyCombination=16
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyFPSLimit=36
KeyShowFPS=106
KeyScreenshot=44
KeyEditor=13
KeyFreeVRAM=115
KeyBruteForce=66
[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0
[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=true
[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false
[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0
For more info use this

Hello,

• <I have exactly this problem, and basically the same hardware. I think the problem is the DirectX9 memory limit in Windows 10. I can start the game, but crash to desktop as soon as I go to the bed.> This limit is related to GPU with more than 4GB VRAM and win 8-10.
  • The problem you're describing (If I disable ENB in-game, I can go to the bed) seems more related to your ENB configuration. Read here, especially the ENB haxx section. Use this guide + links provided inside to check your settings, I'm convinced the problem is here.

Good hunting.

lol i already covered all that.

ENB will work just fine if you have the DX9 libraires installed and properly configured your local ini as i already showed you how to do.

Also make sure nothing is left over from any previous ENB

how do i install dx9?

I followed the ENB preset instructions, I've tried your ENB local settings, still crashing :(

EDIT a little more info.

These are the CTD's i'm experiencing

I'll get a CTD while loading a save, about two or three before I can finally load it.

Random CTD while fast traveling.

Random CTD entering and leaving caves.

Random CTD while walking around. maybe every 20 mins.

I've also tested by setting player.setav speedmult 1500. I'll crash

Edited by freddy8975