Corpse collector mod for Manufacturing Extended by Kentington

silentbob981988

• 2 years later...

Well, I'm sure that its possible. Yes, I know that this is an old thread but a web search lead me here.

I'm looking at what might be possible given 'the parts'need and what i have seen in other mods.

In my case,I would like to gather up the bodies of raiders and robots (possibly settlers too) and feed them into 'the auto butcher' in the case of 'manufacturing Extended' or the Corps 'deconstructer' which comes with 'Manufacturing Extended expanded' I'm going from memory so if that's incorrect please feel free to point it out.

In either case the aperture of the device, the part that actually grabs the corpses when it comes into contact would have to move along the ground at the level of the object to be picked up.

I use workshop mode to move the machine to the bodies and occasion can have it 'clip through the ground' so that the aperture slides over the corps and picks it ups

some times a body is outside of the settlement boundary so this is far from idea but it shows that the basic machinery of picking up a corpse in one fashion is there.in short this is do-able.

perhaps the machine or part of it could be moded/mounted on a robot that could move to the corpse.

another possibility would be to have the settlers corpse collect. The knock out frame work has a kidnap feature that slings a duffel bag across the back of the player that stands in for the body being hauled around. Something like this couldbe used to show a settler carrying a corpse to a marker possibly a conveyor belt? or just something that takes the body from them and into the machine. (im trying to think immersive here.)

I would be fine with the bodies just vanishing.

I suck at moding but i might be able to tinker something together getting permission from anyone whose stuff gets used of course