One of them: according to NVIDIA's competition conditions, my work SHOULD NOT take part in ANY other competitions. The appearance of a mod itself in the Hot Files inside the Nexus can be interpreted as a victory in the internal competition.

The Nexus is not a competition.

Appearing on the Hot Files could no more be interpreted as a competition than my car could be interpreted as a baby sheep wearing rain boots and a poncho...

Do with that information what you wish.

One of them: according to NVIDIA's competition conditions, my work SHOULD NOT take part in ANY other competitions. The appearance of a mod itself in the Hot Files inside the Nexus can be interpreted as a victory in the internal competition.

The Nexus is not a competition.

Appearing on the Hot Files could no more be interpreted as a competition than my car could be interpreted as a baby sheep wearing rain boots and a poncho...

Do with that information what you wish.

He/she altready KNOWS. Modders are using the most lame laughable EXCUSES to explain why their mods are on Beth.net, and not here. None of us would care if these people didn't have the cheek to still use the Nexus to PROMOTE their Beth.net exclusive mods.

The truth is simple. Nvidia is TOXIC by command of its management- whatever it touches is corrupted, and this is how Nvidia has always played the game.

BTW Nvidia claiming legal ownership of all entries to its 'competition' isn't legal- but what a trick to STEAL the future heritige of a vast chunk of the modding scene- if Beth/Nvidia wanted to play it that way (clue- they won't). There are TONS of competition TOS that do NOT try to claim 'ownership' of non-winning entries, and plenty whose TOS only claim the right to use WINNING entries for 'promotional' purposes. But Nvida is infinitely greedy and immoral, so will never miss a trick in any TOS it issues, no matter how legally dubious.

• 1 month later...

I can provide a good reason to upload it on here: Manually downloading mods, especially visual mods, is very risky. I learned this from personal experience when I manually downloaded a texture mod and it made my game so broken that I had to delete it. Not "delete local content," but actually deleting every file, mods and all, all of which I had to re-download after reinstalling. It was a very painful and infuriating experience, after which I now refuse to download any visual mod manually, no matter how enticing it is.

Besides, if the contest is over then what reason do you have not to?

Also, I just checked the link on Moddb and the mod isn't even available anymore, just a gallery of pictures taken from the mod. So what, we can't use this mod at all now?

Edited by PAK88

I think it's still on Bethesda.net, but, once again, I will only run mods through an installer such as NMM and if Bethesda.net doesn't provide one then it's no go for me.

Also, a buddy of mine has both this (on console) and True Storms and hasn't had any conflicts or compatibility issues.

Edited by PAK88

I think it's still on Bethesda.net, but, once again, I will only run mods through an installer such as NMM and if Bethesda.net doesn't provide one then it's no go for me.

Also, a buddy of mine has both this (on console) and True Storms and hasn't had any conflicts or compatibility issues.

1. Installers don't necessarily make things safer. In fact, they are prone to errors which can make things less safe. They only make things safer by reducing the probability of human error. But if you install it correctly, there's no extra danger. (Well at least until it comes time to uninstall.)

1A. Any mod you can download can be installed via manager. Just make sure the mod is archived (i.e. a .rar, .7z or .zip file) and drop it in NMM's download folder. NMM will then install it like any other mod.

2. Conflicts are not always detectable and are the same as problems. It's basically guaranteed that this mod will conflict with True Storms. But it's also basically guaranteed that you wouldn't notice the conflict unless you were familiar with the changes from both mods. You'd likely think "wow! look at all these cool new weathers!" Without realizing that you're missing about half of the new weathers (the ones from the overwritten mod).