I think it's still on Bethesda.net, but, once again, I will only run mods through an installer such as NMM and if Bethesda.net doesn't provide one then it's no go for me.

Also, a buddy of mine has both this (on console) and True Storms and hasn't had any conflicts or compatibility issues.

1. Installers don't necessarily make things safer. In fact, they are prone to errors which can make things less safe. They only make things safer by reducing the probability of human error. But if you install it correctly, there's no extra danger. (Well at least until it comes time to uninstall.)

1A. Any mod you can download can be installed via manager. Just make sure the mod is archived (i.e. a .rar, .7z or .zip file) and drop it in NMM's download folder. NMM will then install it like any other mod.

2. Conflicts are not always detectable and are the same as problems. It's basically guaranteed that this mod will conflict with True Storms. But it's also basically guaranteed that you wouldn't notice the conflict unless you were familiar with the changes from both mods. You'd likely think "wow! look at all these cool new weathers!" Without realizing that you're missing about half of the new weathers (the ones from the overwritten mod).

1. You may be right, but I have a checkered history of breaking my game when downloading mods manually. Not just Fallout 4, but also Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I have A LOT of mods across all my games and I can't recall a single time that a mod I installed through NMM has caused any significant problems, and if they did it was likely my fault for not considering compatibility or other hair-brained mistakes on my end. The risk of human error can make a strong case, and taking it out of the equation is just one less complication I would have to deal with.

1A. I didn't know that, but the way NMM goes about sorting mods could pose a problem when deciding where exactly to extract the files to.

2. That makes sense and, honestly, if that's what would happen I wouldn't care because I would still be left with at least some of the features of True Storms supplemented with the changes brought by this mod, and as long as it doesn't break my game I likely won't even notice.

Edited by PAK88

Pak88

I think you're misunderstanding the fundamental difference between downloading manually and installing manually. Downloading manually is every bit a safe as downloading via NMM. You can download the mod to any directory on any hard drive attached to your machine. I for example having begun downloading all mods and mod updates manually to my third hard drive so that I always have an archive of different versions and mods I'm not currently using in case I want to go back to it and find the mod author took it down. Then to install it, I go into NMM, click on the big green + symbol in the upper left of the mods tab and point it to the zip or rar file on my third drive. NMM will install its "temporary" copy for lack of a better term on my main drive where the game and NMM are installed. Thus I'm downloading manually but installing via NMM. Thus uninstalling via NMM is exactly the same as uninstalling via NMM if you had downloaded it via NMM. In fact, it's actually SAFER because you have the untouched copy on your other drive (or separate download location if you only have one hard drive) that you can look at the file structure of if NMM screwed up on either the install or uninstall. You've got that clean file structure you can use to see what's in it for comparison to fix your broken installation or if worse, you installed it manually without NMM.

Installing manually by simply copying the files yourself into your data folder is where you're much more likely to have serious problems. But downloading manually has absolutely NOTHING to do with installing manually.

Pak88

I think you're misunderstanding the fundamental difference between downloading manually and installing manually. Downloading manually is every bit a safe as downloading via NMM. You can download the mod to any directory on any hard drive attached to your machine. I for example having begun downloading all mods and mod updates manually to my third hard drive so that I always have an archive of different versions and mods I'm not currently using in case I want to go back to it and find the mod author took it down. Then to install it, I go into NMM, click on the big green + symbol in the upper left of the mods tab and point it to the zip or rar file on my third drive. NMM will install its "temporary" copy for lack of a better term on my main drive where the game and NMM are installed. Thus I'm downloading manually but installing via NMM. Thus uninstalling via NMM is exactly the same as uninstalling via NMM if you had downloaded it via NMM. In fact, it's actually SAFER because you have the untouched copy on your other drive (or separate download location if you only have one hard drive) that you can look at the file structure of if NMM screwed up on either the install or uninstall. You've got that clean file structure you can use to see what's in it for comparison to fix your broken installation or if worse, you installed it manually without NMM.

Installing manually by simply copying the files yourself into your data folder is where you're much more likely to have serious problems. But downloading manually has absolutely NOTHING to do with installing manually.

Hm, didn't think of it like that, since trying to sort through NMM's file list is in-and-of-itself a major frustration. I may do as you suggested, but it would be so much simpler if the author just made it available on the Nexus, assuming he even comes to this forum anymore or ever reads this post.

This is getting a bit off topic, so I will summarize; Regardless, uploading to Nexus would simply be more convenient for everyone and save a lot of headaches, and if the contest is over then that's even less reason not to. So, just make it easier on yourself and us by uploading it here.

Edited by PAK88

Also: NMM doesn't decide where to extract files. It always puts them in your data directory*. (If it could put them elsewhere, there'd be no need to manually install ENBs.) So far as installation goes, NMM does almost nothing that unzipping the file to your data directory doesn't**. The real advantages of NMM have to do with keeping track of the installed mods, uninstalling mods and setting up different profiles with different mods.

*I can think of one exception: UHud for FNV and FO3. In that case, NMM runs a program rather than installing anything. (It may do the same thing for the ReProccer and the like, but I can't remember.)

**Obvious exceptions: Fomods.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find a single update on this mod's status outside of july. Is it abandoned? The author expressed that compatibility patches for DLC and other mods such as darker nights would not be made until the end of the nvidia mod contest but voting for that contest ended back in july.

• 5 months later...

Same question as above. Has anyone heard anything from this mod author? I love Moribund World, but it's incompatibility with Darker Nights has me stuck between deciding to use it or True Storms. I hate to necro a post, but I figure this is the best hope.

• 2 years later...