[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Hello,

I'm very new to Skyrim modding. I was trying to convert an HDT Skirt in outfit studio as it was clipping for my current body.

This is what I did:

1. Outfit Studio -> New Project -> From Template ( Convert UNP High to CBBE ) -> Selected .nif file and .dds file. Tweaked with the Mesh volume brushes to avoid clipping.

2. File -> Load Reference -> CBBE Body HDT. ( I tried all CBBE bodies. Also HDT Body 1.4 from Lover'sLab(by blabba).

3. Copy Bone weights.

4. Save project

5. Open BodySlide -> Select my project -> Select preset (CBBE curvy) Select Build.

But when I do this, the skirt is deformed in the game - stretched and pulled and very solid - with no HDT effects or any movement. I tweaked around by copying only specific weights. When i remove the original weights of the skirt (and copy only the CBBE body weights into the skirt), it fits and has HDT effects that corresponds to body movements. BUT original flowing effect is gone.

I would like to retain all the flowing effects of the original outfit and avoid clipping. Is this possible at all in outfit studio? There is xml file that comes with the HDT skirt. I have no idea what the numbers mean. I can open them up in hdtHavokModifier. Will tweaking this file help?

I can post pics but they are very NSFW and I'm not sure if that is against the forum rules.

Desperately in need of guidance. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Here's a question I can't find an answer to on the Creation Kit wiki. When you make a skill legendary, the skill menu will show the dragon symbol under the skill and a number for how many times the skill has been made legendary. Where is this number stored?

Here's a question I can't find an answer to on the Creation Kit wiki. When you make a skill legendary, the skill menu will show the dragon symbol under the skill and a number for how many times the skill has been made legendary. Where is this number stored?

That number may not actually be stored. Since skills level up to 100 before being made legendary, I'd suspect that the UI takes the hundreds place number and uses it for the number of times made legendary.

Example:

Marksmen has been made legendary 2x and currently re-leveled up to 43.

Total skill level would be 243

However plausible that may be, it is still just conjecture on my part.

I am trying to edit the Winterhold Improved mod to have a load door to the Archmage's quarters in the Hall of the Elements. However, when I go to place the door marker in the Archmage's quarters, there are so many markers it is hard to find where the computer initially placed the door marker so that I can move it. Is there a way to search for it or do I have to dig through all the markers?

I have a question concerning creating an FOMOD. I have a very simple project that involves putting several houses in Skyrim. I would like to create an FOMOD to handle them for ease of use and to help with burgeoning esp.s. However, I know nothing about it, and was wondering if there is a utility to help create one or if someone could help me do it manually?

I have a question concerning creating an FOMOD. I have a very simple project that involves putting several houses in Skyrim. I would like to create an FOMOD to handle them for ease of use and to help with burgeoning esp.s. However, I know nothing about it, and was wondering if there is a utility to help create one or if someone could help me do it manually?

Perhaps you can find some useful information within this thread: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4483855-fomod-documentation/&do=findComment&comment=38910725

I am trying to edit the Winterhold Improved mod to have a load door to the Archmage's quarters in the Hall of the Elements. However, when I go to place the door marker in the Archmage's quarters, there are so many markers it is hard to find where the computer initially placed the door marker so that I can move it. Is there a way to search for it or do I have to dig through all the markers?

If I am not mistaken, while you are in that particular cell, you can use the Cell View window to locate the object that you want. If you know the name of the object, you can type that into the filter box. If your object does not have a custom reference name, it will use the base object name. It isn't a perfect solution if there are a lot of objects with the same base object name, but it will at least limit what you have to select to see if it highlights what you are actually wanting. Also, if it is one that you've added it should have the * either next to the ID name or ID number to indicate that it has been modified/added. So that can help narrow down the objects you need to look through.

Side Note: You might need to resize the Cell View window in order to see if there is an * or not.