This is the first time I've posted here, I've finally been driven to request a mod I think wouldn't be too hard to implement. I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been requested or even already exists, and I don't know about it.

I play survival almost exclusively, and after establishing many settlements and having to walk many miles back and forth across the Commonwealth, I advanced the main quest line far enough to acquire vertibird signal grenades from the BOS. What a game changing ability, holy cow. Whenever my settlements get attacked, I'm super excited, because I get to combat drop in power armor with a minigun to defend hapless settlers from the scourge of the wastes.

One problem though: The vertibird almost always flies through things (Downtown Boston, The Prydwen, Corvega, etc) en route to wherever I'm going. It kills my enjoyment of these flights.

I'd love a mod that keeps the vertibird from doing this. My initial thought was to simply raise the flight ceiling of the player's vertibird- increase the cruising altitude to that higher than the tallest structure in the Commonwealth. While that may put the PC out of effective minigun range for most targets, I don't care, I just don't want to be flying through buildings, and even skyscraper raider encampments.

If you really want to go ham with this mod, don't increase the flight ceiling, and figure out a way to path the vertibird around certain segments or structures of Boston. That might be a bit complicated though.

Edited by RelaxingThought

• 10 months later...