mw3 vs bf3

GatorESG

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played and prestiged to the max in almost every call of duty. I have also played the battlefield series very extensively. I would be the definition of a fanboy for both genres.

I dont know that there is much to compare. The first person shooter genre satisfy's the most primitive form of male psycological gratification, i.e. killing the enemy and being victorious. To paraphrase freud, men dream of being victorious and getting the girl. Both of these games create that kind of enjoyment; while one (cod) pumps out 20 kill oppritunities in 5 minutes without much forethought to teamplay for a victory, and the other attracts people who enjoy that same gratification at a more reasonable pace with a little more forethought about acheving strategy for victory.

Ive said before that in battlefield, a team of organized below average players can beat a group of unorganized gods at any game mode at any time. The same is not true for the call of duty series. I can kill every member of the enemy team on search and destroy by myself if i can at least pace them a few seconds apart. In call of duty, when you see an enemy or the enemy see's you, one of you is guranteed to die regardless of the distance. There is no seeing someone and figuring out how to get to them. You see them, their dead. In battlefield you must create strategy to figure out how to infiltrate a line. This inevidably has attracted hordes of 12 year old kids that dont know how the mute button works on their mic to the cod series. Even comparitively speaking, the realism aspects that bf3 has added really set the game apart from the others, even if you disregard the different ways one might enjoy a fps.

Modern warfare 3 has taken a huge step backwards. In call of duty mw2 there were at least some saving graces that balanced it out a bit. Vince and Jason were brilliant when it came to creating multiplayer maps. If you'll notice, on every mw2 multiplayer map, each map is divided in half and to get from one half to the other you must go thru one of three choke points. Every single map had these three choke points. It is more noticable on search and destroy in case youve never noticed it. Each choke point on every map has the ability to have a long line of sight from both sides of the choke point, but the lines of sight will not cover other choke points or areas. This is 100 percent consistent on every map. This gave people who liked strategy on games like search or ctf, the ability to win using their brain. My clan very much enjoyed mw2 if only for this saving grace. We all communicated and assigned areas and choke points to ourselves and it helped the victory. This principle was 70% abandoned in black ops and is completley abandoned in MW3. The new studio that made mw3 obviously had no idea what they were doing. Every choke point on mw3 is random and not divised for objective based gameplay, nor is there an overwatch area for each side of the choke point, much less either side of the choke point. On top of that, the maps in mw3 are half the size of the previous games. Its the same feeling i had when i went from bfbc2 to medal of honor multiplayer. They put 12 of us in a fighting area the size of my garage. What the heck? MW3 is an epic dissapointment from my standards. I havent even watched the video yet to corrupt my vanilla opinion.

*edit*

If thats you in the video, almost every kill you got was with the noob tube. Not the kind of noob tube kill where the guy hid from your bullets to recover and you switched to it, but the kind of noob tube that i and all of my friends hate where you walk around with it out and aimed. Havent seen much of that with the battlefield players. Its very call of duty...

You might also mention that you were plugging your youtube channel with the creation of this thread.

As you just joined, i'll say welcome to the nexus.

ive never played a Call of Duty game, and ive only ever played BFBC2 (didnt care for BF3, might still get it though...maybe)

but the reason i choose BF over CoD, is i like the gameplay better. i prefer the team aspect of BF over the lone wolf peepee measuring CoD. i like that BF has bullet drop and bullet time and muzzle sway, whereas from the videos ive seen from CoD where you aim is exactly where the bullet goes. doesnt take any aiming or skill. i like the graphics better in BF. the ones in CoD look like they took pictures and just photoshopped them in. the graphics are nice, but the images just seem fake to me. and lastly i like the destruction in BF. it could always use more. but CoD has very little AFAIK.

CoD is just for those who like to brag about how much time theyve put in, how good they are, their K/D ratio, and how much of a noob/nub/newb/etc everyone else besides them is and as i said, measure peepee sizes with everyone else...not to say that doesnt happen in BF, but its to a much lesser extent.

• 1 month later...

They are differant games...

I play MW2 every now and then for pure MP madness.... that is sprinting everywhere at 100 miles an hour and reloading before the old mag hits the ground...

But I only ever play a couple of matches and log, it's fun going on a huge killing spree and dominating- but the killstreak system is just stupid overall.

If I'm going to play something seriously, I play battlefield.

Love battlefield 3 by the way!!

• 2 weeks later...

That's a poor choice to compare MW3 and BF3, mostly because BF3 (and BC2, B2, B2142) blow the hell out of call of duty.

No, it really doesn't, because you can't compare the two games. It's like trying to say Counter-Strike is better than Quake 3. Different people like different games, and each game caters to different people. If the gameplay in either game was remotely the same, it would be comparable, but it's two entirely different games.

This whole ridiculous comparison thing was completely blown out of proportion because EA started it. They knew it was a good way of attracting attention to their game. Why was BF3's marketing campaign so small compared to all previous CoD iterations? Because by publicly being dicks and badmouthing EA, they made sure that their own fans did all the marketing for them.

of course you can compare them.

they are both shooters. both aimed at the same audience. both on all 3 consoles. both modern warfare shooters. both coming out at the same time. both created to compete with the other (and if they werent meant to be compared, that last statement wouldnt be true). both focus on online multiplater competitive game play. the differences are that BF3 is a physics based team play game. MW3 is just a regular shooter based solo game. the comparison isnt which is a better game, it which one fits your play style more. some people wanna have bullet drop and play as a team and play objectives. other ppl just want to brag that they are 1337 and are better then other n00bs and have a high K/D, some want to have to choose their kit based on whats going on. others want to just run around and shoot things. some people only want to do one or the other (those who fanboy with one or the other). but others want to do both. (those who actually buy and play both games)

think of it this way. take two shows on TV. King of Queens and 8 Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter. both comedies involving families. both on the same network. same target audience. probably a lot of the same jokes between the two, blah and etc. however some people prefer one over the other. some people like both. its all a matter of taste.

so yes, they can be compared. quite easily. and should be compared. but its not for which game is better. you compare them just to see which game play fits you better. maybe its one or the other. maybe you think both will appeal to you.

ive only ever played BC2. ive seen a lot of BF3, and it just doesnt look as fun to me. BC2 was a nice balance. it was a little bit faster paced, not like CoD, but not as slow as BF3 either....i like to hop on to BC2 and chat with friends, and use teamwork to beat everyone else. however, watching my friend play CoD, even though ive never played them, i could see myself hopping on there and just chatting with him just having some mindless fun. (like weve been doing in MoH)

Funny Note: my friend was playing MW3 the other day, and was getting pissed cause his team mates were following him! lol

Edited by hoofhearted4

so yes, they can be compared. quite easily. and should be compared. but its not for which game is better. you compare them just to see which game play fits you better. maybe its one or the other. maybe you think both will appeal to you.

In that case you're not comparing them, you're just making a choice about which to play based on personal preference. You said that BF blows the hell out of CoD, which is an arbitrary statement because one cannot say a game from a different genre is better than a game from another genre. Of course, you could evaluate each individually, but not according to the same criteria. Despite what anyone says, they cater to entirely different markets. I mean, CoD is an arcade, twitch shooter, BF is a team-oriented, objective based shooter that includes vehicles. How can one even remotely think they cater to the same target market?

Stating that they cater to the same market because they both involve shooting is like saying World Rally Championship and Formula 1 2011 cater to the same market because they both involve driving. They're two fundamentally different games.