mw3 vs bf3

GatorESG

I literally could not stand online FPS's before playing Battlefield 3. I think this game is the best game I've ever played which is surprising since the only games I've ever put effort into have been The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing the two is worthless. Two completly different games. They BOTH are good shooters, but COD4 still blows these two away (and BF2) so I'll stick to laughing at this stupid fanwar lol

(Joke fully intended, no offense to anyone, it's just the arguement drives me insane)

if they werent aimed at similar audience, then they would be compared.

no one compares Mass Effect to BF3 right? and why is that? cause they are aimed at two different audiences....ppl compared Rage and Borderlands and Fallout. why? because they are aimed at similar audiences :)

Edited by hoofhearted4

You said that BF blows the hell out of CoD, which is an arbitrary statement because one cannot say a game from a different genre is better than a game from another genre.

If I said Metal Gear Solid was better than Big Rigs or ET, how exactly would I be wrong?

You said that BF blows the hell out of CoD, which is an arbitrary statement because one cannot say a game from a different genre is better than a game from another genre.

If I said Metal Gear Solid was better than Big Rigs or ET, how exactly would I be wrong?

:thumbsup:

you cant compare MGS to other games. its just that good

A lot of people still enjoyed MW3, despite the BF3-fanboys telling them they're idiots.

A lot of people still enjoyed BF3, despite it not selling anywhere near as good as MW3.

It's safe to say that the fans' overall opinion on both games were that they were pretty good games. Therefor once cannot rightly say that either game is better than the other, considering that they cater to different audiences, and those audiences were pretty pleased with the games.

On another note, just the other day I asked one of my more casual gaming friends why he chooses to play MW3 multiplayer over BF3 multiplayer, despite owning both titles. His response was that CoD was a lot easier to get into, and he didn't want to come home after a long day at the office and play something as complex as BF3, because he simply does not relax when he plays more complex games, due to the fact that they require more attention and concentration to play properly.

Think of that what you will, but the man's got a point. I never really relaxed while play Bad Company 2 either. I was always tense and so busy concentrating on everything that's going on that it became more of a job to play than a method of relaxation. After long sessions of playing I'd sometimes feel rather exhausted.

A lot of people still enjoyed MW3, despite the BF3-fanboys telling them they're idiots.

A lot of people still enjoyed BF3, despite it not selling anywhere near as good as MW3.

It's safe to say that the fans' overall opinion on both games were that they were pretty good games. Therefor once cannot rightly say that either game is better than the other, considering that they cater to different audiences, and those audiences were pretty pleased with the games.

On another note, just the other day I asked one of my more casual gaming friends why he chooses to play MW3 multiplayer over BF3 multiplayer, despite owning both titles. His response was that CoD was a lot easier to get into, and he didn't want to come home after a long day at the office and play something as complex as BF3, because he simply does not relax when he plays more complex games, due to the fact that they require more attention and concentration to play properly.

Think of that what you will, but the man's got a point. I never really relaxed while play Bad Company 2 either. I was always tense and so busy concentrating on everything that's going on that it became more of a job to play than a method of relaxation. After long sessions of playing I'd sometimes feel rather exhausted.

I don't understand. this isn't about what game I or you like better... it's a statement on what game is better. If anyone said big rigs was a better game than MGS, they'd just be plain wrong.

Edited by Ghogiel

But that's because there are fundamental issues with Big Rigs that lead to it generally being considered a rubbish game. There are no fundamental issues with CoD, only issues with people's opinions on it. It's nearly impossible to like Big Rigs due to a myriad of technical and other issues. It is still entirely possible for someone to like CoD, and there are a lot of people who do.

If person 1 plays Big Rigs, without having played any other games before, he likely won't enjoy it because the game is broken, buggy and fundamentally flawed.

If that same person were to play MW3 without having played any games previously, chances are he'll probably enjoy it because there is nothing fundamentally flawed with the game, only people's perceptions on it. The game isn't broken and is entirely playable and enjoyable

Therefore, the BF3 cannot be considered a better game, because by what criteria would it be measured? MW3 isn't buggy or broken (BF3 released with more bugs), the general opinion isn't that it's rubbish (it way outsold BF3). So I ask again, by what criteria are you stating that BF3 is the better game?

The only people who believe that BF3 is the better game are BF3 fanboys.

Edited by Halororor

If person 1 plays Big Rigs, without having played any other games before, he likely won't hate it because the game is broken, buggy and fundamentally flawed.

So? who cares if he doesn't hate it. He is entitled to his opinion on what he hates or likes. Let me know when the statement MGS is a better game than big rigs is not true...

I actually made a mistake in my previous post, I meant to say

If person 1 plays Big Rigs, without having played any other games before, he likely won't enjoy it because the game is broken, buggy and fundamentally flawed.

My post should have pretty much answered your question.

Also,

CoD - Arcadish twitch shooter

BF3 - Team-oriented military simulator

How does that cater to the same audience?

Edited by Halororor