mw3 vs bf3

GatorESG

I actually made a mistake in my previous post, I meant to say

If person 1 plays Big Rigs, without having played any other games before, he likely won't enjoy it because the game is broken, buggy and fundamentally flawed.

My post should have pretty much answered your question.

and my previous post works for this too: "So? who cares if he doesn't hate it. He is entitled to his opinion on what he hates or likes. Let me know when the statement MGS is a better game than big rigs is not true..."

Also,

CoD - Arcadish twitch shooter

BF3 - Team-oriented military simulator

How does that cater to the same audience?

I dunno, does it even matter? How does Big Rigs and MGS cater to the same audience? Still doesn't make the statement that MGS is a better game than Big Rigs not true.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and my previous post works for this too: "So? who cares if he doesn't hate it. He is entitled to his opinion on what he hates or likes. Let me know when the statement MGS is a better game than big rigs is not true..."

I dunno, does it even matter? How does Big Rigs and MGS cater to the same audience? Still doesn't make the statement that MGS is a better game than Big Rigs not true.

Sigh. I've pretty much answered this question in the following post;

But that's because there are fundamental issues with Big Rigs that lead to it generally being considered a rubbish game. There are no fundamental issues with CoD, only issues with people's opinions on it. It's nearly impossible to like Big Rigs due to a myriad of technical and other issues. It is still entirely possible for someone to like CoD, and there are a lot of people who do.

If person 1 plays Big Rigs, without having played any other games before, he likely won't enjoy it because the game is broken, buggy and fundamentally flawed.

If that same person were to play MW3 without having played any games previously, chances are he'll probably enjoy it because there is nothing fundamentally flawed with the game, only people's perceptions on it. The game isn't broken and is entirely playable and enjoyable

Therefore, the BF3 cannot be considered a better game, because by what criteria would it be measured? MW3 isn't buggy or broken (BF3 released with more bugs), the general opinion isn't that it's rubbish (it way outsold BF3). So I ask again, by what criteria are you stating that BF3 is the better game?

The only people who believe that BF3 is the better game are BF3 fanboys.

It seems to have gone way over your head. If you don't understand the point I was making, I don't think you ever will, because I'm not really sure how to state it any simpler.

Edited by Halororor

actually this little argument started because you said the two games are completely different and couldnt be compared....but youre wrong. they are very similar games and CAN be compared.

i guarantee you there are more ppl who bought both MW3 and Bf3, then only bought one or the other, or are planning on buying both. (i have no proof, im only saying).....as i said, if they werent aimed at the same target audience, ppl wouldnt be comparing them. ppl dont compare MGS to Big Rigs or whatever, because they are two completely different games in every area. ppl dDO compare MW3 to Bf3 BECAUSE they are very similar games.

Edited by hoofhearted4

if they werent aimed at the same target audience, ppl wouldnt be comparing them.

Lolwut?

So the world is also going to end in 2012 because people wouldn't be saying it would if it wouldn't?

Same silly reasoning.

but youre wrong. they are very similar games

But okay, humor me. What makes them so similar? You can point and shoot in both? You can say that of pretty much every shooter out there, so tell me, aside from that, what makes them so similar?

Edited by Halororor

if they werent aimed at the same target audience, ppl wouldnt be comparing them.

Lolwut?

So the world is also going to end in 2012 because people wouldn't be saying it would if it wouldn't?

Same silly reasoning.

instead of just taking a sentence i wrote and picking at that, try reading the whole thing, everything that came after that sentence, then maybe youll understand. if you dont, then im sorry, i can do nothing to clarify it.

but youre wrong. they are very similar games

But okay, humor me. What makes them so similar? You can point and shoot in both? You can say that of pretty much every shooter out there, so tell me, aside from that, what makes them so similar?

they are both shooters. both aimed at the same audience. both on all 3 consoles. both modern warfare shooters. both coming out at the same time. both created to compete with the other (and if they werent meant to be compared, that last statement wouldnt be true). both focus on online multiplater competitive game play.
Edited by hoofhearted4

instead of just taking a sentence i wrote and picking at that, try reading the whole thing, everything that came after that sentence, then maybe youll understand. if you dont, then im sorry, i can do nothing to clarify it.

You know, you pretty much just threw your argument out the window, considering that you still haven't given me any solid reasons as to why they're the same type of game.

they are both shooters. both aimed at the same audience. both on all 3 consoles. both modern warfare shooters. both coming out at the same time. both created to compete with the other (and if they werent meant to be compared, that last statement wouldnt be true). both focus on online multiplater competitive game play.

Wait, so they're the same type of game because

-Both are shooters

-both are multiplatform

-both take place in the modern warfare scene

-they released close to each other

-They were in direct competition (something which EA did to try and cause a stir and get more people to buy their own game)

-both have a cooperative multiplayer game mode

Yeeeeah, uhm no.

CoD:

-Fast-paced, twitch shooter

-Arcadish gunplay

-Rewards players who rack up the highest killcount

-Focuses exclusively on gunplay

-All playable classes focus on gunplay. There are no support classes whatsoever.

-Teamwork is possible, but is entirely unnecessary to win the game, and it's odd to actually see a team working together in-game.

-Combat is entirely foot-combat. No vehicles as it would slow the pace of the game.

-Guns do not behave realistically

-Static terrain

-Small maps to promote faster gameplay

-The team with the itchiest trigger-fingers win

-Matches last between 5 and 15 minutes

-Multiplayer matches consist of between 8 - 32 players

Okay, so let's move on over to BF3:

-Slow-paced, team focused strategic shooter

-Realistic gunplay, bullet drop is an example of this

-Rewards players who help team members

-Focuses on teamwork and strategic approaches to battles

-Has support classes with a strong focus on helping teammates out, like the medic who can revive fallen teammates

-Teamwork is almost always essential to winning a game. Teams that do not work together usually lose.

-Gameplay spans foot, ground vehicle, aerial and boat combat. Very strong emphasis on various types of vehicular combat

-Destructible terrain that ensures the battlefield changes over the course of a match

-Maps are huge

-The average match should last more or less 30 minutes to an hour, but can be slightly longer or shorter depending on the teams' skill levels.

Multiplayer matches support up to 64 players

Yes. I can definitely see that they're the same type of game.

It seems to have gone way over your head. If you don't understand the point I was making, I don't think you ever will, because I'm not really sure how to state it any simpler.

rephrasing yourself over and over again would be pointless. Saying 2 games cannot be compared is silly. You just did it yourself lol