Need ideas for Raider Groups/Clans

shadowkeeper790

Ok, so I am working on a mod that will add multiple raider groups/clans/gangs to the game to replace pre-existing raiders.(Like how the Forged, Rust Devils, and Triggermen work) I feel that this is a much needed feature to help all of the fetch quests in the game feel less generic. My main problem is the inability to think of names and such for these groups. I would love if the community would help with this. If you have an idea order it as such.

​Required: I ask that you fill in at least three (vague ideas are still ideas)

1. Name of Group or Clan

2.Names of Rank structure (like how raiders in game have different names for higher levels)

3.Equipment(Armor)

4.Equipment(Weapons)

5.Possible Locations

6.Any miscellaneous stuff(backstory or quest line etc.)

IMPORTENT: You do not have to fill all 6 categories (any you don't fill will be filled by me) I would also like to point out that I would like to do this as vanilla as possible. That being said if your idea does include a mod I will still try to see if I can't get permission to use it in this mod. Thanks for any help that can be offered.

PS: will try to add support for consoles when finished.

PPS: I will give credit to any person that puts up an idea.

Edited by shadowkeeper790

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: 'The Reds' or 'The Pilgrims' (Based loosely on Pre-war knowledge of the Boston Red Sox, Pilgrims being the Red Sox's original name.)

Named (Legendary) enemies:

- Leader: Barry 'Bambino' Heights (Bambino being Babe Ruth's nickname.)

- Second in command: Mr. Slaughter (Based off of Enos Slaughter, a bigtime player in the Red Sox.)

- Legendary one: 'The Impossible dream' ( Recommended as being cast as a Super Mutant. )

- Legendary two: Striker (Three from him and you're out.)

Ranking Structure:

- Left hand of the Leader: Pitcher

- Right hand of the Leader: Catcher

- Sniper: Knickerbocker (A team to participate in what's considered the first baseball game ever.)

- Heavy: Red Rocket (Play on the gas station firm aswell as the team name depending on your pick.)

- Grunt (Med): Pilgrim

- Grunt (Low): Socker

( Last two are really off of the top of my head.)

Equipment:

Here's where I may fall flat as I don't know what resources you have available to you, or whether or not you're able to create custom content. (I assume not since you're asking for it to remain vanilla.)

- Swatter uniforms (mainly)

- ( There was a replica Red Sox uniform up on the Nexus previously, though I understand that it's come under scrutiny by the MLB. )

- Swatters and Baseball grenades.

- Rifles. (I'll leave that up to you and the LL.)

Possible Locations:

I couldn't really say seeing as it's been a while since I last visited Fallout 4.

Generally in Boston, close to Fenway park would be a good idea.

1. Name: Rad Rats

2 .Ranks: Based off radiation measurements, Rem, Sievertz, Beckerel, Roentgen, Curie, Gray,

3. Armor: Lots of gasmasks and hazmat suits

4. Weapons: Gamma guns and plasma weapons

5. Locations: Heavily irradiated areas

6. They are not zealots like children of atom, but they do operate in similarly irradiated areas, and they do take greater precautions towards proper protection, not having the immunity mutation. The Rad Rats set their bases in the most contaminated areas, as few outsiders are willing to counterattack into them.

1. Juggernauts

2. Ranks: Stone, Boulder, Hill, Mountain, Volcano

3: Armor: lowest rank recruits carry heavy conventional armor, any rank above wear mixed power armor sets

4. Weapons: any

5: Locations: Heavily defendable areas, with lots of turrets and choke points.

6. These guys operate on a heavy defense principle. Hard to kill, slow, and implacable.

1. Bean Family/Beaners

2. Ranks: Beaner, Beaner Slasher, Deformed Beaner, Psycho Beaner, Feral Beaner, Beaner Mutant, Beaner Reaver, Beaner Gorehound

Special: Big Mama Bean, a charred ghoul

3. Armor: Outfits like tattered rags, hooded rags, longshoremans outfit, radstag hide outfit and hunters pelt, in addition to normal raider gear. Some raider and Trapper armor.

4. Weapons, primarily unarmed/melee weapons, such as spiked knuckles, meat hooks, machetes, boards and pole hooks. Higher level Beaners might have rippers, hunting rifles, lever action rifles or pipe weapons.

5. Coastal area near some Caves or a Sewer system.

6. Based on the legend of Sawny Bean, a clan of inbred cannibals that terrorized Scotland. Inspired old horror movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills have Eyes.

So adapted for Fallout, a clan of raiders that live on the coast by hunting, scavenging and some farming. They prey on travelers to eat them, thought they might 'adopt' the children of their victims and brainwash them into joining their clan. Because of radiation exposure, a lot of them turn into ghouls and have severe health problems. Family members that turn into feral ghouls are 'looked after' and fed by the Beaners and tend to roam around the entrance of their lair, leaving the Beaners alone. The Clan Matriarch, Big Mama Bean is completely mindless, but her Clan reveres her as a kind of god, and keeps her protected in the deepest part of their lair.

1. The Power Rockers (you can change it, i don't like it either)

2. Mechanic rocker (Jumpsuit and melee) Power rocker (power armor) Cool rocker (Greaser jacket) i'm not very good at these, please change them.

3.Greaser Jackets, mechanic jumpsuits and lots of power armor with hot rod paint jobs

4.Flamethrowers, 10mm pistols, revolvers, shotguns, and a lot of melee weapons like tire irons, pipe wrenches and lead pipes

5.Near the atom cats (being sort of a enemy gang for them)

6.This would be a End-game gang, because of the power armor

1. Vault Sackers

2. the leader would be "the overseer"

3.Vault tec jumpsuit and vault tec security gear mixed with some raider parts (maybe at higher levels some vault tec power armor)

4.10mm pistols, combat rifles, combat shotguns, laser weapons and security batons

5.Near or inside vaults

6.vault survivors that gone mad or raider that sacks vaults

1. The Skipbrudne (the stranded in Norwegian)
2. no idea maybe captain and other ship ranks in norwegian

3. raider and sailor gear
4. normal raider weapons maybe some harpoon guns and hooks from far harbor
at the Wreck of the FMS Northern Star

6. They are already in the game (they are ghouls that speak norwegian) but they use normal gear and weapons and are named raiders

More to come!

Edited by Julixg

1. Name: Clan Slag

2. Leader: Jeremiah Mink, a former foreman of The Pitt

Second-in-command: Rufus "Scorch" McShady (Raider PA, legendary Flamethrower)

Supervisor (Highest unnamed rank)

Iconoclast

Paingiver

Welder (Lowest rank)

3.Equipment(Armor): Metal armor parts, some caged armor, gas masks/hoods, raider under-armor

4.Equipment(Weapons): Shishkebab (Higher ranks,) tire irons, pipe wrenches, shotguns (sawed off, combat, etc,) sledgehammers, super sledges, knuckles, flamethrower (higher ranks)

5.Possible Locations: Corvega factory (#1), that one location up north with the tower, can't remember the name right now.

6.Any miscellaneous stuff(backstory or quest line etc.)

Jeremiah Mink served in the Pitt as a foreman at one of the operational steel mills. Little is known of his life up to this point, however, it is worth note that he was born and raised outside of the Pitt. In 2277, while still working as a foreman, Jeremiah was forced to leave the Pitt with a group of his underlings, as the former ruler Ashur was overthrown in a massive slave revolt. Jeremiah Mink and his group of former Pitt raiders took to calling themselves Clan Slag, in reference to their former work at the steel mill. Over the years, the group made their way southeast, ever searching for a place to call home. It was finally in the year 2287, ten years after their exodus from the Pitt, that Clan Slag found such a home in an old Corvega factory just outside Boston. The factory had been inhabited by another group of raiders, but they quickly found themselves outgunned by Mink's Clan Slag. Those few that were not cut down in the melee were given the option of joining the Clan, or death. Most chose to join.

Note: I understand the Corvega factory might not work due to its significance in several quests, as such, that part of the story is open to editing.

Just to let you know, there are actually 29 distinct groups of raiders in the commonwealth. It's just really difficult to tell the difference between them. Since I spent ages tracking them all down and never went any further, here's the list of the ones currently in the game. The format is their name (if they have one), their leader (if they have one) and their location (if they have one). This information might help you with your planning and with avoiding accidentally breaking existing quests, scripts, etc.

Sinjin (Goodneighbour, Water Streets Appartments and Milton General Hospital)

Forged ~ Slag (Saugus Ironworks), ~Bedlam (Dunwich Borers)
Tower Tom (Beantown Brewery & BADTFL offices)
Red Tourette (Federal Ration Stockpile)
Sully Mathis (Thicket Excavations)
Jared (Corvega & Lexington), Gristle (Concord)
Griswald (Monsignor Plaza)
Tweez, Bear, Walter and Whiplash (Walden Pond)
Ernie (Easy City Downs)
Cinder (Revere Beach Station)
Scutter (Hyde Park)
Demo (Hardware Town)
(Drug Den)
Bosco (DB Technical High School/Medical Center Metro)
(Camp Kendall)
Judge Zeller (East Boston Preparatory School)
Gaff (Shamrock Taphouse)
Ack-Ack (USAF Olivia)
Boomer (Outpost Zimonja)
Chancer (Andrew Station)
Cutty (Poseidon Energy)
Helter Skelter (Malden Center)
James Wire/Gabriel (Libertalia)
Lefty (Parson's state)
Rags (FMS Northern Star)
Slab (Pickman's Gallery)
Slough (Quincy Quarries)
Ricca (College Square) ~All Deceased~
L&L Gang

I really like your idea for a raider rework.

Perhaps then it might be better to build on some of those existing groups of raiders, or rework some of the groups/combine them.

This would be most effective/lore-friendly if you made a template for the raiders based on their environment.

For example:

1. Name: Red Tourette

2.Names of Rank structure: Red's+default names

3.Equipment: same as normal raiders, but with dirty military fatigues/army gas masks, and military helmets.

4.Equipment(Weapons): should favor hunting rifles

5.Possible Locations: they already have one at the federal reserve location and the old church and area around it.

6.Any miscellaneous stuff: *spoilers ahead* red is currently at war with tower tom's group over the ration supplies. To make matters worse, her sister lily was kidnapped in a raid and is being ransomed for regular food shipments; Red desperately wants her back and sent spies to try and find out if she is still ok, but they can't find her and think she was moved off-site. If you venture off to the brewery, you'll find that lily tried to escape and came at Tower Tom while he was sleeping. He panicked and accidentally shot her in an artery(in her leg maybe) and she bled out. To hide his failure from his gang, he dumped her into one of the brewing vats.

Groups like Red Tourette, which already have some cool flavor text and back-story, you could make small changes to their equipment to make them more unique.

Since Red Tourette's group is stationed in and around the federal rations depot they could be easily equipped with worn military outfits and dirty helmets + raider armor. If you wanted to get more elaborate you could even slap some rusty cans onto the Raider armor, plaster some food labels on the armor and put graffiti and dirt all over their pilfered military gear.

You then use that group's environment-template for any other of the other generic gangs that are based around something like military installations, altering it slightly based on the idea that the raiders are going to use whatever they have around them.

This concept could easily be extended to other generic raiders on the outskirts/wilderness, small towns and cities.

If the raiders in an area don't have much of a back-story(or a really cool location), that is where you could swoop in and create your own unique and awesome gang with crazy personalities, leaders, traits, fortresses and weapons(directing players to these locations with new quests). This would allow you to focus on crafting a handful of cool gangs that could feel like they are actually living or active, and then have a bunch of slightly tweaked/environment based factions that would add needed variety across the wasteland.

This would let you build on the old system, and replace stuff as you see fit...but I don't know, that's just a thought.

Edited by hippo24