CTD when trying to load a save in game

samwise454

So just an update on the situation. I can load a save that's about 4 or so hours back and it load perfect in game or out. But if I save, and then try and load that save, boom, crash again. So there's something broken somewhere with my mods I believe. Which sucks because there is no save script cleaner for FO4 yet. So I'm gonna have to figure out how to clean this save up. Sad face.

Wasn't the game updated recently? From 1.5.157 to 1.5.416? I've read the latest update causes problems, once again. Nothing new under the sun, sadly...

*EDIT*

Yep, latest official update to 1.5.416 came on the 22nd of June. Personally, I hold off on updates until the wrinkles are ironed out...

Since the 30th, there's also a 1.6.3 béta version.

Edited by JimmyRJump

Yeah it's working fine for me with the Beta 1.6 F4SE which is great! I think I am going to just leave my problematic save alone until the Fallout 4 Save Game cleaner comes out so I can clean it up. I know Skyrim has one and I am really really hoping it's going to come to F4 soon. For now I'll begin a new character! The only really sad thing is that I don't want to play on my main because I don't want to break that save, and that means I can't play Nuka World on him until I can get this issue sorted out! Let me know if you guys figure anything out :)

Well you can start a new game and install something like War of the Commonwealth. Then you can roam around the world chasing after all of the firefights everywhere. And they will be everywhere depending on how good your PC hardware is and how high you have the settings. This will pass some time and hopefully that Save Game Cleaner will show up soon. Also there are some decent quest and land mods showing up that you can mess with as well. This way you can stay away from the main story line you were currently following.

Ye

Well you can start a new game and install something like War of the Commonwealth. Then you can roam around the world chasing after all of the firefights everywhere. And they will be everywhere depending on how good your PC hardware is and how high you have the settings. This will pass some time and hopefully that Save Game Cleaner will show up soon. Also there are some decent quest and land mods showing up that you can mess with as well. This way you can stay away from the main story line you were currently following.

Oh awesome! I'll check those out!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been experiencing this a lot the last few days, mostly on fast travel, but it got to the point where I couldn't "continue".

After looking at the size of my saves folder, I started quick saving. Reverting back to full saves and I haven't had a CTD for fast travel. I had the mechanist bug tonight and quit, but the game wouldn't load in "continue". Constant CTD as soon as the save loaded. So after checking a few things, I loaded a save outside the mechanists lair. All good. Then I started loading my saves in order, all good. I always save just before I quit as habit, so I had 2 saves within seconds of each other-mine and the "Exit" save. Mine loads fine, CTD on the exit save every time. It's only happened today, but the saves made by the game could be your issue. Try to Load your last manual save. Save manually often. Not quick save either.

Well you can start a new game and install something like War of the Commonwealth. Then you can roam around the world chasing after all of the firefights everywhere. And they will be everywhere depending on how good your PC hardware is and how high you have the settings. This will pass some time and hopefully that Save Game Cleaner will show up soon. Also there are some decent quest and land mods showing up that you can mess with as well. This way you can stay away from the main story line you were currently following.

And pretty much summing up how I have hundreds of hours logged up for each Beth game and never finished a single one :)

• 1 year later...

Dude, look at the bottom of the log. Logs generate from top to bottom, so the thing that is going to crash it is going to be right at the bottom. Look above where it says the VM (virtual machine) is freezing, there is something to do with a radio script trying to play animations on an object or form that has no 3d. Something in your mods is trying to apply animations to something that doesnt even have a model... thats your problem.

• 2 years later...