2 Noob questions, Kinda

grandpauj1

This has been on my mind for a while now, If I give a follower/companion an enchanted necklace say.......fortify health, does that actually improve their health? Or fortify marksman, will that make them better with a bow?

Second question, I built a small house (because got tired of spending every Septim on housing and improvements) in the house I put a chest basically for all the junk I don't really want but have managed to pick up in travels. When I enter the house does the game load just the chest, or does it also load all the junk inside the chest too? I have noticed that you can collect a whole bunch of stuff pretty quick. Don't really have a lag problem or anything, Just one of those things that has been bugging me and might create a problem (if it does load it all) for some one with a slower computer.

Thanks for any help solving this mystery. (;

This has been on my mind for a while now, If I give a follower/companion an enchanted necklace say.......fortify health, does that actually improve their health? Or fortify marksman, will that make them better with a bow?

Second question, I built a small house (because got tired of spending every Septim on housing and improvements) in the house I put a chest basically for all the junk I don't really want but have managed to pick up in travels. When I enter the house does the game load just the chest, or does it also load all the junk inside the chest too? I have noticed that you can collect a whole bunch of stuff pretty quick. Don't really have a lag problem or anything, Just one of those things that has been bugging me and might create a problem (if it does load it all) for some one with a slower computer.

Thanks for any help solving this mystery. (;

First answer AND second answer: YES.

How do I know? Well, you can find enchanted paraphernalia on lots of NPCs. You can assume then that it works. :smile:

And also, yes, Skyrim will load up all the junk in EVERY chest. How do you think other random chests in the world always have loot EVERY TIME you go there?

You're welcome.

Edited by TuffMcKagan

Followers benefit from some, but not all apparel skiill enchantments. Fortify archery is not one of them - actually, no apparel buffs to combat benefit followers. (OF course, enchanted weapons are a different story. They work fine, as long as you keep them charged.) There's a good list of which apparel skill enchantments benefit followers here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers

To double check skill enchantments on followers, click on them in console before you equip them with the item and type, using your health example, "getav health" (without the quotation marks) and you'll see their health level. Then repeat after you equip them with the item.

Thanks for the replies, @ TuffMcKagan at the risk of sounding like a jack ass, I learned in this (or any) game when you assume anything...........The question was "If I give" not if I find. I was thinking more like some of the followers are kinda weenie's when it comes down to fighting, so if I hook them up with armor that will boost their health/armor will it keep them from getting their ass kicked so quick. As far as the chest go, the ones in game (setup to respawn) are a whole different gig. The one in the house is non-respawning. It almost doesn't make since that it would load while entering the house, it's like it shouldn't load until you actually open it (the chest, not the house) because then the game would have to load every chest, dresser, cupboard, mannequin, etc. every time you opened the door. And with some of the larger house's, castle's, mod mansions that could be quite extensive. Now I am not saying you are wrong, I don't know that's why I asked the question. May be I will just move it outside the house and be done with it. Again not trying to be "like that", just wanted to clarify what the question was about. (~;

@Kevkiev Thanks, Kinda took a quick look at that page and looks like it should answer a lot of the what will and will not work'

Again thanks for the replies.