Little problem in Mzulft

AbleGnome

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem. Go to the center and look above and place it above your head.

Hi!....having a problem here too!

I tried using my hot and cold spells everywhere and trying to line up the light beams to the pads?!

tried the three buttons too on the other side of the room......anything I'm doing wrong? or missing?

Thanks for any help

You have to heat it up and cool it down quickly to move the light. The buttons will completely move around everything, start on the right one and go left.

I have enountered that same problem on the PS3 (I play PC my sibling does not... ) That crystal is unresponsive or does it just take longer to respond to the magic? for me itself it worked instantly... On the Ps3 it didnt do a thing reloading/re-entering the room didnt work. Now.. i wonder if there are more of these things in dwemer ruins.. seems interesting :P

• 3 months later...

I also have this problem !

afer asking my friend Google, it appears to be a reported bug and it says that we have to restart from a previous save. I DON'T HAVE A PREVIOUS SAVE !!

Quest; Reveal the Unseen: Dwarven Armillary Quest Orb cannot be expanded/shrunk with Frostbite or Flames. People have to revert back to a previous save game before placing the orb in the armillary before continuing. (Confirmed on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3)]

Here is the solution, fot PC's only:

console command:

completequest MG06

startquest MG05

Edited by Kawatcho

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that this will probably not be the only broken quest you encounter. Typically they get broken because you did not do everything in the Bethesda order. You could have did something long before you accepted the quest the caused it to break. Once they start to not function, it seems they just cascade into a slew of unobtainable quests sitting on your quest page.

PC users are fortunate as we can consol our way past some of them, but we are all still plagued by broken and unfinished quests.

Edited by Brandy_123