Does anyone know Anything on Elevators?

Hi there, I'm new to the forums, and relatively new to the Creation Kit! I'm trying to make a mod for a player home that would be accessed by an elevator, in particular, an elevator that would load into an interior cell and vise versa. Being somewhat new to the CK, I am truly confused on what to do. I have looked at so many different tutorials, I've looked on all the forums too, but none have even mentioned elevators. So I am turning here to hopefully find someone who can point me in the right direction! If anyone could provide even the slightest drop of info that would be great!

Thanks

You have looked on all forums and none mention elevators you say? ... ummm... errr..... this one has a full tutorial on elevators. :)

You could probably put an autoload "door" object inside the elevator shaft, so it loads into the cell you want the player to be teleported to. Just build the elevator via these instructions, then place the autoload door within the path the elevator travels. Should work. :)

You have looked on all forums and none mention elevators you say? ... ummm... errr..... this one has a full tutorial on elevators. :smile:

You could probably put an autoload "door" object inside the elevator shaft, so it loads into the cell you want the player to be teleported to. Just build the elevator via these instructions, then place the autoload door within the path the elevator travels. Should work. :smile:

Far from "full tutorial" ..its the basics.

At any rate, it works like a charm within "interior" cells but I could not get it to work in "exterior" cells ...exterior being "commonwealth" cells.

I was looking to setup an elevator above ground that would drop the player down a shaft into a portal zone ...couldn't get that elevator to work.

I had other options so I didn't beat myself over the head to much before moving to plan B.

If any knows or learns the "difference" between an interior and exterior ...feel welcome to "tutor" us :smile:

To Original Poster ...in game, find a setup similar to what you want to do and then thru the Creation Kit, dissect the mechanics of it ...its a viable

option and you do learn a lot more ...just be patient.

You have looked on all forums and none mention elevators you say? ... ummm... errr..... this one has a full tutorial on elevators. :smile:

You could probably put an autoload "door" object inside the elevator shaft, so it loads into the cell you want the player to be teleported to. Just build the elevator via these instructions, then place the autoload door within the path the elevator travels. Should work. :smile:

I may in fact be blind, never saw this in all of my searches! Thank you I will check it out!

Far from "full tutorial" ..its the basics.

At any rate, it works like a charm within "interior" cells but I could not get it to work in "exterior" cells ...exterior being "commonwealth" cells.

I was looking to setup an elevator above ground that would drop the player down a shaft into a portal zone ...couldn't get that elevator to work.

I had other options so I didn't beat myself over the head to much before moving to plan B.

If any knows or learns the "difference" between an interior and exterior ...feel welcome to "tutor" us :smile:

To Original Poster ...in game, find a setup similar to what you want to do and then thru the Creation Kit, dissect the mechanics of it ...its a viable

option and you do learn a lot more ...just be patient.

Thanks! I've actually been doing this while I was waiting. Its been a bit of a challenge, but with persistence, I shall prevail

I may in fact be blind, never saw this in all of my searches! Thank you I will check it out!

No problem. :) Happy to help. I think the forum search bar doesn't work properly to be honest. I've tried searching for a specific thread using words in the title, and had no results. It's odd.